Draw Isolated and Connected Straight Lengths

Hi everyone.

I am new to Dynamo and my goal is to utilize Dynamo to assist in my testing of our revit plugin.
I am looking to accomplish two goals and would appreciate any help and guidance.

1. Draw isolated straight lengths of Duct, Flex, Pipe, Conduit, Cable Tray

2. Draw a connected run of above entity types so that a fitting is auto generated via a change in direction ( ex elbow)

Using a post i located on this forum, i was able to draw a wall, however I could not translate the graph to the above entity types.

I am still learning on what info is relevant for Dynamo, so I apologize if i have failed to include anything important to this post

Thanks!

Hello Gilga,

You could check out my package ‘MEPover’ which has a few nodes for creation of MEPCurves and elbows/fittings.

Pipe and elbows creation.dyn (13.9 KB)

1 Like

Thank you so much. I will check that out immediately and send an update later this afternoon. have a great day

1 Like

Hi T_Pover

I was able to push the graph around a bit and I cannot thank you enough for your assistance. I do have a couple questions

I utilized model lines to trace out my run. It drew the pipe along the run and dropped in the elbows when a change in direction occurred. This is too awesome!

1. Are model lines what i should use to trace my run ?
  2. Can this generate tees or crosses. I ran into some difficult getting this to happen as would generate two elbows in place of a tee
  3. Looking at teh graph it appears I can repurpose this for Cable Tray, Duct and conduit by swapping in their respective nodes. Are there any other considerations i need to keep in mind

Thanks again!

Good to hear the nodes work as expected :slight_smile:

1. You can use any line or straight curve that is created in Dynamo (in your example Dynamo first creates Dynamo-lines from the Revit model lines).
  2. There are 2 nodes in MEPover that can create tees: 'Tee.By2MEPCurves and Tee.By3MEPCurves. I haven’t created one for crosses (figuring they don’t occur as much as tees and elbows and creating a node for crosses is a bit more work so I thought it wasn’t worth it).
  3. The only things you need to consider are changing the inputs to match the nodes (system type/ duct/cable tray/conduit type)
1 Like