Does anyone know about the development status of the butterfly package?

Butterfly node will not run after 2018. I know it’s a problem with the Revit package install address.
Is there any development on that issue?
Or does anyone know if there are other CFD nodes out there?

Error massage :
{
BFGeometries: null,
ERRReport: ERROR:
invalid literal for float(): DynamoForRevit

If you think this is a bug submit an issue on github.

and include below error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 48, in
File “”, line 17, in tryGetPluginPath
ValueError: invalid literal for float(): DynamoForRevit

}

This sums it up pretty well: Phasing out Ladybug Tools Dynamo Packages in favor of using RhinoInside Revit - #10 by turboyerbo - dynamo - Ladybug Tools | Forum

I know some (all?) of the tools can be made to work without too much effort (a team proved this in a hackathon I attended after the tools was EOL’d), but the full suite is likely a bigger lift.

Did you find any node similar to Ladybug?

Nope. Only way is using Rhino inside Revit.

1 Like

To back up @ksb, you are far better off trying Rhino/Grasshopper and Rhino Inside. It is another tool to learn and potentially pay for, but this is the ‘true’ version of Ladybug tools and is far superior to anything we could ever achieve in Dynamo with the tools that are now essentially obsolete. I’ve wasted a lot of time in the past trying to run environmental studies in Revit just using Dynamo, and you’ll save a lot of time and money, as well as get better results from Grasshopper’s version.

Here is an example of using Rhino Inside to access Ladybug (in this case for solar analysis): Ladybug in Revit using Rhino Inside! - YouTube

1 Like