DetailCurve.ByCurve in the side view (XZ or YZ plane)

In Revit Dynamo, is it possible to use the DetailCurve.ByCurve command to draw in the side view (XZ or YZ plane)? I’ve tried drawing, but it consistently places it in the XY plane instead.

Detail curves are two dimensional drafting elements in all cases, and are drawn on the view plane of the provided view. So if you want stuff on the YZ or XZ plane you will need to define that view first.

Alternatively you could use a model curve.

If you need more direct guidance, provide your sample graph and some images showing what you have tried so far and what results you are getting.

From the node, I’ve selected the west view (YZ plane), and the curve is also in the YZ plane (I’ve filtered out those not in this plane).

However, in Revit, You can see the line I want to draw (the circle on top), but it ends up drawing a line at the bottom instead (I understand it’s in the XY plane, where x=0). My assumption is about the Coordinate System, but I’m still new to this. Thanks for your response.

Can you post a model and graph to reproduce easily?

For a simple example, there is a Detail Line in the East view. If you look at the location in the node, you’ll see that it is placed in the YZ plane. However, when using the DetailCurve.ByCurve command with this line and drawing it on the East view, the result is a line projected to x=0 and the Z-axis direction disappears.

Which Revit build are you using?

edit: nevermind - see it in the screenshots.

Try using DetailCurve.ByCurve+ from the Clockwork Package, as this appears to be a bug.

It works now! Thank you very much!

1 Like