Detail elements to drafting views

Hi, is there a way to place detail elements onto drafting views with Dynamo. I can’t even get the drafting view properly. I can make one, but I cannot get it back to place detail elements.

Is the active document saved and is the active view a drafting view? The only time I’ve seen an error like that I was in an unsaved project and/or a legend view.

Yes, active view (full screen) in a saved doc, not on a sheet.

Is the active view a drafting view? Post a cleaned up version of your rvt (just the problem view) and your dyn and I’ll look at this tonight.

Suddenly it started working. Although intermittent, it works. This is what throws most people with Dynamo, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t and in those times sometimes it gives an error, and others it doesn’t. I have not changed anything in the file or the project file at all. One thing perhaps, the drafting view was added after the file was last saved. Could this have had the above effect?

Yes. The element isn’t static unless saved so the ID that Dynamo is looking for doesn’t show up consistently.

Have Dynamo create the view in the same graph if you need a new view.

Thank you for pointing that out, I don’t think I would have found that in the documentation. Now I have a different problem… FamilyInstance.ByPointInView seems to dislike lists… name is a simple type name “Top” that both families share

It’d be in the Revit API documentation, which most people getting started with wouldn’t consider to look in.

Looks like the FamilyInstance.ByPointInView node may be broken no matter how I lace it. @Andreas_Dieckmann FYI.

While that’s being reviewed, you can try the ViewInstance.ByPoint node out of the Springs package instead.

Will do thanks for all your help.

The node is expecting a singleton as family type, not a list. Perhaps experimenting with the list@level settings would help, e.g. setting them to 1 for at least the first two input ports. Or use List.Combine.
EDIT: It would make sense to make this node a little more flexible/versatile. I’m in the process of re-writing a lot of the Clockwork nodes, but I’m going for low hanging fruit first (e.g. single input nodes).

Thanks for clarifying @Andreas_Dieckmann. I may pop over to your GitHub later to check on stuff.

Hello ,
I would like to have selected these detail elements, to then place them in my revit drawing. I’m new to dynamo and I don’t know how I could do this? thank you in advance for your help