Placing a detail component in Revit

Hi,

Is it possible to place a detail component in Revit using Dynamo? I am trying to do that, but the component is not showed in the view (elevation, section or floor plan).

Thanks!

Hi Marco,

It would be better if you can paste a screenshot of your nodes how your trying to do.

do you mean from a external file or from working file?

I am using a working file. See in the image below a simple example. After to run that nodes, the object MyDetailItem is placed into the project but it is not visible (yes, I checked VG settings and View Range).

detailComponentDynamo

Hi Marco,

You need to use vector Coordinates. Use Custom node from ClockWork’s “FamilyInstance.ByPointInView”. You can search for a package in Dynamo.

Untitled

It works for Generic Annotations families, but it does not work with Detail Items families.

1 Like

Hi Marco,

Above example which i showed is for detail item family. Try closing dynamo and reopen and run the above script. Let me know if it works.

I tried reopen Dynamo, but it does not work.

I’m attaching a family file. Could you try to run the script using that family?

DetailItemSample

Hi Marco,

Detail Family which your using is in Revit 2016. In Revit 2016 there has been some changes in API. Give me sometime i will come back to you with a solution.

Hi Marco,

This works fine from my side. I have placed the same family which you gave me. See below screenshot.

Untitled

You can use standard builtin nodes as well. Hope it helps.

Untitled

Thank you, Kulkul. I do not know what I was doing, but I do what you said first and it works.

Does this happen to work from time to time??

It worked at one moment and now it stopped… Nothing was changed…

Try to run in Manual instead of Automatic. It would be better if you can post your error screenshot.

Hi Kulkul, thanks for the reply. Below is the sample pic.

I’m working in R2015 SP2, this is a drafting view, tried to reload Dynamo, reload Revit, restart machine, I am driving it in Manual mode - no result.

The funny thing is that the whole thing was working at one moment, and then it stopped giving the results for no apparent reason :slight_smile:

Capture

Its working fine. Try the below nodes and see.

Untitled

Frustration…

There is a catch and I cannot figure it out…

Capture

Follow the steps:

i) Uninstall all the Custom packages which you have.

ii) Restart Dynamo and install only “ClockWork” Package.

Let me know if it works.

Good Luck!

It works! Thanks!

Tried first to uninstall dynamo and delete the packages from C:\Users<strong>User\AppData\Roaming\Dynamo.8\packages but it didn’t finish the job.

Got everything uninstalled from within Dynamo itself, restarted Revit, installed Clockwork, and there it is…

Thanks again!

Finally ! Good to hear that :-)