Placing a family instance on multiple views

Hi all,

I’m trying to clean up my Dynamo script and combine some steps. I’ve run into an issue with placing multiple of the same family, in the same point on multiple drafting views:

The issue that I’m having is that the FamilyInstance.ByPointInView node isn’t accepting a list for a view input. Any ideas for a work around for this issue?

Thanks,

Dan

Hi there,

Are you using Dynamo 1.0 version?

I use te next node with Dynamo 1.0 version and it works with list.

Captura

I am using version 0.9.

The indicated custom node is the one that I am using, however it is not working with a list of views.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan, I’ve had the same issue with this node. The weirdest thing about it is that it works with certain families and not with others:

What appears to always work with drafting view is families created in the “generic annotation” family template.

The family I’ve been working with is a generic annotation, however I am trying to place it on multiple drafting views. It appears that it works for floor plans with generic annotation, which is odd indeed.

I’ve had the same issue with the TextNote.ByStringAndPosition node. It doesn’t recognize a list input of views.

The fix might be to edit the custom python script to accept a list of views, but that is far beyond my capabilities.

Thanks for your help!

Dan

Try using “List.combine” node.

I am having the exact same issue as Dan. Also still working in 0.9 as in 1.0 the node ‘Get All Views’ by Archi-lab_Grimshaw does not work (yet).

Kulkul, could you please elaborate on the use of List.Combine in this matter?

Thank you!

Hi

Having the exact same issue.

Did you happen to sort it out?

I am having similar issue we are trying to place a detail component in multiple drafting views so that they can be placed on sheets. We have tried the SpringNodes node Springs.ViewInstance.ByPoint, however this just creates the detail component in the first drafting view.
ByPoint

I think this is the solution, it works for me.

Set view by Use Levels.

Try lacing to longest…

…or equal the list lengths. with that way it worked on mine.