Design profile read station & elevation from Surface Profile

Hi,
I have added a surface profile to an alignment and created a profile view. I’m now trying to read the elevations of the surface profile start & end stations to generate PVI’s on a new profile (the Design Profile). The script generates the profile and names it correctly but the elevations come in as 0. I’ve tried a lot of different options but the value always comes out as 0 even though the elevations come in with a value on my watch nodes.
Design profile read station & elevation from Surface Profile.dyn (52.8 KB)

Pat.

Hi,
I think ProfileExtensions.AddPVI will add PVIs to the profile, with some entities defined.AlignmentExtensions.AddProfileBYName will only create a profile without any entities.
Try this node Profile.CreateLayoutProfile from the Arkances package.

Pat,

Try this it creates a PVI at the start and end of the profile at the profiles elevation.
If your Alignment is longer than the surface profile covers you could instead extract the alignment start and end stations and pass them as the station values to the PVI Create node.
Design profile read station & elevation from Surface Profile.dyn (35.6 KB)

1 Like

James,
I tidied up the original script and it works if I have the Profile View already created. Next step is to try to complete the following;

1. As above but create the design profiles for all alignments
  2. Try to do both steps without having to have the Profile view in the drg in the first place

Thanks for the help.

Pat.

Hi,
The script worked when creating a Profile View along with the design view for the single selected alignment.

A quick attempt to merely change my script to select all alignments and create the design profiles (with the Profile views already created), failed.

Pat.
Design profile read station & elevation from Surface Profile for all alignments.dyn (50.1 KB)

Afternoon @pat.barrett7,

In testing it seemed to work fine although you ideally want to ensure your only selecting one profile for your points.

1. If you know your profile is always going to be at the top of the list.
  2. If you know the profile is always at a fixed index.
  3. The ideal method, especially if the profile name is something that can be programmatically generated.