Design profile for all alignments

Hi,
I’m trying to get the surface profile (from the topo surface), design profile that reads the topo elevation at the start/end pvi’s and finally create the profile views for all of these. I have them working individually but I am struggling to pull them all together into one script.

The bit that is catching me is, the Profile.ElevationByStation reads the correct values but feeding this into the ProfileExtensions.AddPVI is creating a null reading, presumably a listing issue. I’ve tried adding a code block between them but this didn’t work.

Any ideas on how to get past this?

06 - Corridors.dyn (43.6 KB)

Regards,
Pat.

Not sure if I can see the connection between the two pictures, does they belong to each other?

The first one works fine for me when I test it, nice feature!! Like it!!

Have you test to set code set style on the corridor as well? Not sure if you use custom sub assemblies with several kind of targets (existing ground, rock etc) but if you do, then you can add the functionality to also add specific surface to correct target type.

But when I investigate the second picture I wonder about the profile that come from above, outside the picture upper edge, why doesn’t you feed the ProfileExtension.AddPVI node from the same node as Profile.ElevationByStation?

Patrick,
Good to hear from you again. Thanks, glad you like it.

Yes, I have a script for changing the code set style for one corridor or all corridors. I’ll dig them out. We do have a custom assembly based on conditional formatting but there is only one target - the ex topo surface.

The 3 sections work fine in isolation i.e. add a topo surface to alignment (surface profile), create a design profile from the topo surface elevations at start & end stations and create a profile view for all elevations. I pulled at 3 scripts together to try to do in one step.

For the middle bit, I’m trying to use the start/end stations of the alignment and the topo elevations at these pvi’s to create a design profile that will just be a straight line from start to end. Thats why the same profile can’t feed both. The first image should show this link. Eventually I’d like to add additional pvi’s but I’m not there yet.

1 Like

Patrick,
Change corridor style code set style script.
Change corridor style.dyn (9.1 KB)