Profile Creation

Hi Everyone!

I am wondering if I can get some insight for the community on an issue I am having. Here is what I am trying to achieve
Given an existing LiDAR surface + an Alignment, I want to create a profile view with 4 profiles:

1. Existing ground (LiDAR)
  2. Ground at a 2m offset either side of my alignment (+2m and -2m). This would be 2 separate profiles
  3. A 4th profile that is generated with PVIs every 22m

So far I have achieve this except for a few key issues:

1. I didn’t know how to create the offset profiles… so I generated 2 new alignments that were 2m away from the main alignment. Preferably this would all be done on the one single alignment
    2)I need the 4th profile (bullet three above) to be below the elevation of the other profiles at all times. Issue I am having now is all of the PVIs I am creating are of course below the other 3 profiles, but in between the PVIs there are instances where the profile goes above the other 3

This is a grade profile btw I am designing for context. It’s meant to be an automated first pass as it’s often on very long strengths (10km or more)

Any ideas?

For the offset profiles, you could try to get all its stations, get the coordinates of their offsets and then get the elevation of those points in the surface. Then you could create StationElevations using that to finally create the profiles using these StationElevations.

A brief example of what I thought about. Didn’t botthered much about levels tho, just tried to make it work quickly to prove the concept:

offsetProfileTest.dyn (36.8 KB)

1 Like