Creating Profile from surface

Hi, I had been trying to create the profile using AlignmentExtensions.AddProfileBySurface node but getting the output as null. Also, I am not getting any errors or warnings!
here is the script that I am using.

I believe the surface input needs to be a surface object, not a string?

I checked it expects the surface input as a string.

Ah OK, sorry I’m not at my PC. Does it work if you don’t provide an input for the label set?

Also, you can check the log file in the temp folder, it might say what exception is being thrown.

It’s ok. No, we need to provide all the inputs for the node. Yes, I’ll take a look at the log file.

Are you certain? I believe it will take the default label set if none is provided. I ask because on another one of the Alignment Extension nodes there was an issue where providing a label set caused an exception.

yes, there is no default values set for the inputs for this particular node.

I stand corrected! I’m out of guesses, so hopefully the log file gives a clue :slight_smile:

1 Like

As per the log sheet, the layer name cannot be found. So, I changed the Layer name and the profile got created.
Thanks, @mzjensen ! This was the first time that I checked for the log sheet. I Will make use of it for solving the problems here after. Thank you again for your time :slight_smile: !

5 Likes

Shame on you :smiley:

Learning each day :slight_smile:
Really appreciate your efforts.
Thank you for your time!

1 Like

@Kaustubh_93

This may be a stupid question but where is the log? I’m having the same issue.

Sorry for the delay in Reply.
You’ll find it in the Temp folder.
Windows+R > %temp% > Find a file as in the following image

1 Like

hello, I created this script that should insert the profiles automatically, but it doesn’t work and does not give errors

What is error message

Try as given shot the problem is about label set parameter, create new label set as i have done or use already created one like “_No Labels”.

2 Likes

Thanks but it doesn’t give me any error messages. It creates nothing

Amigo @cristoforo.larocca buenas. I think you need to specify the layer in which you want to create the profile, the data type is string, I think that is what the node needs to finish working, the rest seems to be ok!!

Thanks but if I insert the strings it doesn’t work
Immagine 2022-09-19 122128

Amigo @cristoforo.larocca I have half an hour trying to make a script to help you, but my C3D crash every time.

Amigos @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 @mzjensen I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong or if they have changed something from version 2021 to 2023 but I think this is important, can you take a look please?