Add surface profile to alignment

Hi everyone,
I’m currently trying to add a surface profile to an alignment with the next step being the creation of a profile view and design profile/view. I’m stuck at the AddProfilebySurface part where my label set was a string but the error is showing as a double. Anyone have a hints on where I’ve gone wrong.

Pat
Add ex topo surface profile.dyn (19.6 KB)

Hi,
I added a number node and that cleared the warning but the surface profile isn’t adding to the alignment. Any thoughts on where I’ve gone wrong?

Pat.

The String from Object node doesn’t function as your expecting, it returns the object structure as a string, where as you actually just need the objects name which can be obtained from the standard CivilObject.Name node.

1 Like

James,
Thanks for the reply. I changed the node as above but no profile seems to be adding to the alignment.

Is there another step to this I’m missing?

Pat,

Best i can offer is to double check that your style and labelSet values are an exact match for Case and whitespace.

If your using the default AutoCad template i believe the labelSet does not have an _ at the front.

2 Likes

James,
It was the “_” in the No Labels string for the label set. Thanks very much for the quick replies and your help.

Pat