Custom component with AdaptiveComponent.ByPoints question

In the picture, I want to place Custom component “Construction frame” like the armrest.
But the AdaptiveComponent.ByPoints node output error “The arguments have issues”.
Does anyone have ideal? Thank you.
And this is my component ConstructionFrame.rfa (408 KB)

It doesn’t work because it’s not an adaptive family, but a generic model family.
Use FamilyInstance.ByPoint:

Thanks~
Can I ask you how to control the direction?
FamilyInstance.ByPoint node will fix one direction.

You will have to rotate the component after placing. In this case, rather than use the points, it looks like you would want to use the center point between those points. If you make lines connecting the points and find point at parameter 0.5, you can place the components on the line and then rotate using the direction of the line.

@kennyb6
Sorry, I can’t understand " make lines connecting the points and find point at parameter 0.5, you can place the components on the line and then rotate using the direction of the line."

With your graph, at the node Curve.PointAtParameter, instead of [0,1] as the input, just do 0.5.

Then after the FamilyInstance.ByPoint, use a set rotation node. It should require a degree input, which you can calculate using the original element curve’s .Direction and a base vector like X-axis fed as inputs into an angle about vector node.

Give it a try and let me know if you run into any problems.

Successful, I judge whether the line segment and the wall core line are parallel.
Then do the rotation.
But I found a very serious problem.
The current rotation is set directly to 90 degrees.
If there are walls in other directions, problems will occur.

Nice work.
As for your problem, that is why I said to use the line’s direction to determine the rotation. You already have the lines matched up to the correct component so it makes this a lot easier.

I try to use “Vector.AngleAboutAxis” node.
But the component seems that there is no rotation to the right direction.

Successful, Thank you.
the vector need to set Y.