Creating solids in dynamo crashes Revit

I can recreate the solids in a family in dynamo until the number of elements increases to the point it Crashes Revit. Any workaround?

Test on a small family. Works

Arrayed 20 times it crashes Revit.

Is there a limit to the number of elements the node can handle?

No, but there is a limit to the number of calculations your machine can perform effectively before you run out of memory. Not running in Automatic would also help (if you are). Post the rvt and someone can have a look.

Here is the rfa file.
7263 014 HPU.rfa (3.9 MB)

this node you are using might regen or transact with the document -
besides that if you are interacting with Revit - the selection node you are using will potentially kick off another run of Dynamo.

try running in manual mode if you are not already.

This appears to be a Revit issue related to how the geometry was imported from your modeling program. Is there is a reason you need the openings in the plates between the connections where the bolts will someday go? Opening the family and then the nested components puts quite a few geometry based flags into a journal. Attempting to edit any of those geometries triggers even more.

Likely you could simplify your geometry and get this to work no problem, and increase performance on this and several other aspects of the project. Short of that, could you work with bounding boxes or other simplifications?

I am running in manual mode.

The example I uploaded is a small stripped-down model. The models get much larger and more complex.

If I patched all the holes, mounting locations in the downstream process would be lost. Same with bounding boxes. Selective simplification is just too time-consuming on the initial start of the process.

I have had the Revit shut down without the “Solid.ByUnion” in the graph. So the problem may not lie in the Revit side? I don’t know. It also happens on other larger families.