Create Solid of Elements

Hi,
im trying to create a solid of two elements in a revit family. There’s a button in Revit so you can do it manually (Create Form), but i need to do this with dynamo. I tried every kind of solid node, but it doesn’t work. Functions like Solid.By.Loft need curves as input and you cant use it with elements. Is there a way to convert an element to a curve?
I created the elements in a seperate family and placed them in a second family with dynamo to create a solid.

Try adding an Element.Geometry node before you try and loft the elements.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer. I tried this node but it doesnt work. It says “cannot create solid, curves are not closed”. The reason for this is, that the output of element.geometry are just the single lines of the element. Is there a way to create a closed curve of these lines?

I found a way based on your answer, thank you!

1 Like

Hi How can you extract volume in the Revit project interface once created the element using solid.byloft

Hello,Welcome
Here is a proposal, hoping to answer your question

Cordially
christian.stan

I tried the same, but its not generating a solid family. Tried both of them in family as well as project interface, please refer image

here is an image of the project interface
all your sent nodes have content?

I think you need to create a new topic so as not to drift too much from the initial topic it seems to me

Cordially
christian.stan

Hello @Dynamobeginner …think your need a family instance after your family type for insert or try spring family instance by geometry

1 Like

Thanks for replying @sovitek unfortunately I’m getting the issue “TypeError: expected Solid, got Mesh”

I’ll start a new thread to see if theres any development for the spring node in revit 2022

1 Like

Sure @christian.stan Thanks for replying

Hi then try Synthezise toolkit…it have a family insert node there works in 2022

1 Like

Let’s move to a new thread as this one is solved and the topic unrelated. Closing this accordingly.

1 Like