Create Shared Parameters

I was trying to create shared parameters. Somehow the nodes are not working.
Archilab node Add Shared Parameter to Project returns me Nulls, but somehow creates a group in the txt file.
Orchid Add Shared Parameter to Project and OOTB Parameter.CreateSharedParameter give me the same error message, doesn’t matter which method I use to input the parameter type:
Warning: Parameter.CreateSharedParameter operation failed. Invalid parameter type.

What could I do?

1 Like

Looks like your inputs doesn’t match with the custom nodes. Hover your mouse on the inputs of any of those custom node which you would like to use, you should see popup showing what you have to feed in there. Good Luck!

Hello Kulkul,
it was the first thing I’ve checked. Archilab ask me for var[]…[] in all the inputs. The other two nodes ask for either string, bool or category[].
So I assume that they’re all well fed.

Use dropdown node for parameter group.

2ad31d1f9e0efb48b6c6f5d11d676ba0b8ab37b4-1

7 Likes

It worked fine!

One more question: do you think it could accept also a list of parameters as input? I have some hundreds to create.

2 Likes

Hi Luciana,

This graph creates shared parameters from an Excel file…

Hope that’s useful,

Mark

1.Create Shared Parameter, Add to Project Add placeholder value.dyn (22.6 KB)

5 Likes

Yes you can feed list of parameter names.

2 Likes

hai @Mark.Ackerley what are the packages used ??

Archilab: Parameter Types, Parameter Groups
OOTB: Categories, Parameter.CreateSharedParameter

1 Like

OOTB ?? i can’t Down from online packages

Out Of The Box, they’re the “native” nodes in Dynamo

thanks…!!! @Luciana.Pavlova

Welcome!

Hi Luciana,

This graph creates shared parameters from an Excel file…

Hope that’s useful,

Mark

1.Create Shared Parameter, Add to Project Add placeholder value.dyn (22.6 KB)

It works very fine, thanks!

I followed this thread a while back and the dropdown option for the parameter group did fix the issue. But what if there are multiple parameters to feed with different parameter types, say a few of Lengths, Texts and few others. Is there a way to efficiently detect and feed the Parameter names with their respective types?

That was great from you Kulkul . thanks