Create point along alignment at a perpendicular offset

Hi All,

I’m trying to create multiple cogopoints perpendicular to an alignment at various stations(read from excel). The script works, however, it is placing the point at 40 m away from the station.

Can anyone assist?

Hi
Share dyn file + EXCEL

Amigo @sobeshan.pillay, Like this??

Hi Gilberto,

Isn’t that more for placing objects along a corridor baseline?

I have a standalone centreline alignment and I want to create cogopoints at chainage (1m, 2m, 3m, 4.6m etc) and all those point must be offset from the alignment.

I suppose that I could create a dummy corridor of sorts and assign a point code for the offset to place at various chainages but that will require a new subassembly for each offset.

Maybe I’m not understanding the question, to what I read this is what you need, the offset is defined by you in the node parameters, I put it outside so that it does not overlap the alignment and is understandable, I hope it helps!

I’d be curious to see what the result of your get item at index as it looks like it’s throwing an error and might be feeding a number that is outside the station range; also want to make sure that it’s not being read as text from excel but that it is a number type. I’d also suggest to double check geometry scaling in Dynamo is set to medium and that you’re drawing has a coordinate system assigned.

Hi Kirk,

Get item at index is returning an error because there are 40 items on the spreadsheet but the script is trying to create 100 points (an arbitrary number to make sure that all points are included). Geometry scaling is always set to extra large on my side, I will look and see if medium solves the issue although the issue is related to the point being created at the wrong station as opposed to it not being created at all. I have found a short term workaround by adding the difference to the input on excel and running the script as is.

If you share some screenshots of the preview for the get item at index that would help and a screenshot of the excel file. I’m not sure you need a get item at index to make sure you get them all. There can also be list levels making things tricky.