Create labels with shared parameters in family environment

Hi,
i want to create labels which are connected to shared parameters.

So i have a list with (for example) 10 shared parameters [sp1,…,sp10] and i want create 10 annotations in one row on a sheet. For every paramter one annotation.
So now i have a list of points in one row, but i have problems to create the annotation and combine the annotation with the shared parameters.

First problem: I haven’t elements to tag, but the node “Create Annotation Tag” needs elements.
Second problem: link every shared parameter to one annotation °.°

Here is my work:

Any help would be great:)

Revit can’t use a tag when there are no elements. Generally speaking if Revit can’t, than Dynamo can’t either.

You will either need an element to tag or you will need to not use anthwr type of annotation (generic annotation or a text element).

Well, maybe im not good at explaining :wink:
Here is are some images. Hope you see what i try to do.

All this happens in the family.

I want to batch create the labels for all shared parameters in one group.

So all in the family environment not in the project environment?

I’m sorry to answer so late!..

Yes, all in the family environment.

Is this possible? @jacob.small

I didn’t find anything, but my glimpse into the API docs wasn’t very in depth, if you dig around a bit you may find something, but it appears at first glimpse that this isn’t exposed programmatically yet.

thx for your help! i will try my best to find anything:)

Hi Fiesta,

I am trying to accomplish the same thing you were asking in this post. Have you been able to solve this?

best regards,
Jeff

he, sorry…couldn’t find any solution

No workflow for this???

Any news on how to create labels?

Hi Jacob- Old post- but trying to do the same thing.

Can we programmatically add labels associated to a parameter in a generic annotation (noteblock) family?

I don’t care if I have to create the family in memory in the project and add them that way - but I cannot find any documentation on labels anywhere.

Thoughts?

Hey Ron - good to see you around. :slight_smile:

I still don’t know Isaac it hasn’t come up yet in my day to day. Best to start a tag from the template, add a label with something in it, and explore what you can do with that object.

I am hoping to dynamically generate parameters to associate to labels in the family editor.

I just created 27 parameters to track plumbing fixture calcs and it was a little painful, BUT of 9 could create the labels and associate them to parameters in a family automatically, place then set their widths, etc there is a lot o could do!

I have code to read types and sort by line and insert 4hose into drafting views by the same name, space rh according to a Row.height variable so they nearly stack in the view and look like an excel table.

Now I am after automation for creating those labels in the family editor, but the API / documentation is sparse.

Any suggestions?

I got as far as adding the shared parameters.

add shared.dyn (140.2 KB)

CSV looks like this: