Create element side views

I want to create 2 sections or detail views around my element automatically like this:

Anyone has any idea how to create sections and place them at appropriate distance in a view?

Its in the Bim4Struc package i think

1 Like

or something here…

Revit_ypUwpe1yN5

3 Likes

Any way to get/create lines from the element itself?

Hi, think thats what i do, if i understand

I am getting error when trying it

my example was for a wall…what are you try on, and what did get location give you

I am using it for structural column

Hello, make a bounding box (BB) around your element in order to exploit the geometry of the BB.
edit: or the underside face of your column if not placed perpendicular to XY

Cordially
christian.stan

something maybe…or take a look in this post here…Auto section for columns - #8 by nia98bim

Revit_JnlplCd6lG

1 Like

Can 't seam to find the package that contains viewsection.byline. Which one is it?

try datashapes

So far got one section and the other nulled out.

Also I have 6 or more surfaces for this since it’s a plank. Is there a way to select one random north and one west facing face or something? Any face works if the section is placed far enough. Have to figure out automatic way of finding a valid face that isn’t for example pointing downwards and away from the plank.

is it a beam now ? it should be same approach, cant see whats goin you need to show an image what you select and your whole graph expanded

Still a column.
Are there any options to find it’s orientation on a sheet and select a face on top north side and west or something? That’s my first idea of how to approach this to get the right faces for sections but I am not sure if it is valid one

yes you could get the faces normal and compare to true north

Expanded graph. It is part of larger multi action graph but other parts are disabled and irrelevant.

you will need filter out your faces for get the right perimeter curve, try as Christian show with find the normals…or something here, if you select multiple component then its just all about list level and lacing…

Revit_jXrbXLenax

or

Revit_GbEYTMbbWw

2 Likes

This video might help explain the process, and give you some direction on implementing your own solution: The Stairry Story - Using Dynamo for stairs in Revit - #42 - Community Conversations - YouTube

2 Likes

great video :wink:

1 Like