Copy values from one project to another

Hello experienced users,

Now before you flame me for asking this, please be informed that at this moment what I need from you is just the opinion about whether it is possible or not. I don’t expect the whole solution. If it is possible, just point me in some direction, where to explore…

Two companies work on the same project and it is a large one- the airport expansion. One of them is doing the design while the other one is doing the construction. I work in the construction. The designers are Revit beginners. We didn’t want to confuse them with complex phasing, we just told them to work within two basic phases (existing & new construction).

The design is nearly finished but we expect to see some changes that are occasionally going to happen during the next two or three months. Even though the final design is not finalized yet, we already work on the method and organize the construction site.

My task is to represent all the stages in construction, the timeline etc… The company wants to show this in 3D and as soon as possible. I created two project parameters that will help identify the construction stage and drive the filters.

This is my question:

The central file is not on the cloud, it is stored in the server that belongs to the design company and then occasionally copied to our server which is annoying.

Is it possible to transfer the parameter values between two elements that have the same instance mark but belong to two different projects?

Please, if you are a Dynamo guru and see that this is impossible, reply “no” so that I don’t waste time with this idea…

Thanks

Is it possible to use an excel file as the middle man? Otherwise, you can pull data from linked projects to use in the current one.

By “instance mark” I am assuming you mean elements with the same Mark parameter?

The archi-lab.net package has a few nodes to help with this. Get Documents will get all of the linked instance documents that you can use with Get All Elements From Linked Model to get the actual element.

From there, you would do the normal GetParameterValueByName process to retrieve the marks from both the linked model and the current model elements, align them, and then set parameters.

1 Like

We have two projects, A and B. The project B is actually an updated A that we received this morning.

Project A has an element A1. Element A1 has a parameter called “Stage” and that parameter value is “1.1.1”
Project B has an element A1. I can easily transfer the parameter “Stage” using transfer project standards, but the value will be empty.

If I link A into B, how will I update the A1 value?

Blockquote The archi-lab.net package has a few nodes to help with this. Get Documents will get all of the linked instance documents that you can use with Get All Elements From Linked Model to get the actual element.From there, you would do the normal GetParameterValueByName process to retrieve the marks from both the linked model and the current model elements, align them, and then set parameters.

Ok thanks, I will try that.