Copy parameter value from project to another

I have 2 revisions of a project and I want to copy parameter values from rev to another I tried to use element id but I can’t. Anyone done that before and can do it

Element Ids may change from project to project. You’ll need to look at the UniqeId - which is a guid - if you want to compare apples to apples.

1 Like

assuming that both project revisions have similar elements in the same location,

1. Get the element id, parameter values and location values of the elements in the project with parameters. [exporting all these to excel will be helpful]
  2. create bounding box around each element and extract the max and min point (size) of the bounding box of each element.
  3. Use the location in the project without parameters, create a bounding box using the size extracted.
  4. In each bounding box, identify the element present, assign the parameter value accordingly.

Incase, if extra elements are added in the revised project, those can filtered by selecting all elements in the revised project and differencing with the list of elements in the revised project with bounding boxes.