Copy family instance to follow a curve

Hi

Is there a simple way to place family instances following a curve, where the family orientates to the normal of the curve?

Yes.

Great, any chance you could elaborate?

Might be worth referring to How to get help on the Dynamo forums

It would be much easier for us to help you if you could elaborate on what your problem is further. Also, problems like these many users on this could solve for you but as stated this is not a " This is not a ‘do my work for me’ group", showing what you tried so far, what you need help will make users much willing to help rather than solve it for you.

Something like this… Rotate family along a path

please use the search function from a quick google I managed to plenty of similar posts from this.

Good luck, let me know if the above doesn’t work out for you; many of us will be glad to help.

Hi I’ve uploaded what I’ve done so far.

To elaborate, I’m looking to place family instances at points along a curve aligned to the normal of the curve. The dynamo script attached randomises the families placed and drives the length, but i can’t seem to figure out how to keep them orientated to the curve.

divide curve.dyn (27.5 KB)

As you can see the result works until the curve slopes up, then the families begin to twist off the curve normal.

Looks good, I can’t really work out the problem from the image you posted. might be worth trying to use “CurveTangentAtParameter”, like this example.