Compound structure layer widths to excel

Hi
I am trying to create an excel file showing all external wall types, the materials making up the walls and the material widths. I have created a sheet using FamilyType.CompoundStructureLayers, the material and widths are working but I cant get the wall type to align with the other parameters correctly. The material and width lists both have 140 items when flattened whereas the wall type has 52. Can anyone help me to get the Wall type list to align correctly?

The first jpeg shows how the excel sheet is coming out:

Any help would be much appreciated?

What I want it to look like:

Try adding either a blank or the wall name again for the count of each material that wall has.
For eg. If wall 1 has 3 materials get the name, “wall 1” to repeat 3x (or add a blank line instead of the “wall 1” for each subsequent material for that wall.

Thanks @Alien, Im not sure I follow. Do you mean to do this following the"Element.GetParameterValueByName" node?

I’m saying your “wall type” list is shorter than your “material name” list.
That’s why it’s not working. I’m suggesting you make the “wall type” list the same length as your “material name” list.

That’s the idea, sorry if my first question wasn’t clear. Do I need to push the material list through the wall type list? And how? I have had another crack but cant figure it out

Hello,

Here is Mr. ET’s idea, I think

Cordially
christian.stan

2 Likes

ET! Hahah!

OR @MakerVerde

Add this bit

And get the name to repeat

1 Like

@christian.stan Took me a while to click with the ET gag…
That’s cracked it thanks @Alien!
Can we do it so it fires out blanks instead of repeat items?

Yeah, have a look how christian stan did his…
Use “” for a blank (two double quotes)

1 Like

sorry @christian.stan Its going to take me a little more trial and error to figure out how to make yours work. Thanks very much for your help

1 Like

Good evening,
Mr. Alien’s purple square gets a bit bigger (there’s probably an ever faster and more elegant solution)
I had made a line offset error.

the account has already been made by Mr. Alien then you must remove the Listofrepeateditem node
then the piece of script
(should be fine, good luck)
edit: I made another mistake (corrected: probably too many beers)
sorry

I hope I didn’t bump into you Mr. @Alien , that wasn’t my goal.

Cordially
christian.stan

Haha! Your post made me laugh :smiley:

Also… I wasn’t aware aliens had a gender… I could be a pot of goo or a gaseous mass :joy:

1 Like