Clockwork Floor.SlabShapeByPoints creates box instead of floor

Hi everybody,

I used flux to create a beautiful landscape to which I now want to adapt a floor slab to. According to all the forum posts I have seen, this should work out with the Clockwork node “Floor.SlabShapeByPoints”.

However, instead of creating a floor slab that is pasted onto the surface of my landscape, it creates a “box” of four points at the top (the four original points of the floor) and the bottom points which are located on the landscape.

What happens is that the node adds the four original points of the floor to the intended points of the landscape…

Can someone help me fix this? What am I doing wrong?!?!

Please help me! I want to use this example in my dynamo class to demonstrate the adaptiveness of revit elements but like that I might as well cancel my class… :frowning:

I believe if your topography has points that lie in the exact same x,y as the corner points of your floor element, the Floor.SlabShapeByPoints will modify the elevations of those points. Right now, your topography probably does not have points within it that lie on the same x,y as the corner points of your floor. My suggestion would be to add points with the same x,y as your flow points to your points output on Mesh.VertexPositions node, before the Topography.Points node, but you will have to figure out a method to give the added points the appropriate Z values for those locations.