Civil 3D Toolkit Feedback thread

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1, is there a way to get the bounding points of a viewport? I’m trying to come up with a way to determine which model space objects are within a certain viewport.

2 Likes

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1

Hi I’m doing some tests to see if I can update Map features. I tried to use SetpropertyValueByName to update a property value. I can see it changing the value within dynamo (as in screenshot), but I can’t see any change in the schema table contents? also I noticed schema table is getting refreshed but with the old values.

what do you think I’m missing here.

Thank you again for this awesome toolkit.

1 Like

@samer.khalaf try to use “Autogenerated_SDF_ID” for the idParameterName input

1 Like

I would also be interested in this possibility.

1 Like

Thanks so much for developing this toolkit! The stationing node is excellent and saving us a ot of time!

2 Likes

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 That didn’t work too. still changes are not reflecting to table.

Another question: what are the future plans for this toolkit? is it going to be an opensource at one point?

Thanks

1 Like

can you please share the files?
As for the future my hope is that it is going into the product.

1 Like

@samer.khalaf thanks for the files. In the log of the node it says it can complete the command correctly if you use “Autogenereated_SDF_ID” and I can see the table updating if you turn on the “Automatic Update” option in the Map Setup tab under the Feature Data panel.

1 Like

Hi everyone and thanks Paolo for your work,

I’m starting with Dynamo and it seems to open a lot of possibilities !
I wanted to do something certainly easy but can’t find a way to do it :
i would like to access for a given station the previous, the current and the next entity of my alignment.
Is it also possible to have access to the instantaneous plan radius on my alignement and to the current cant (for a rail alignement)?

thanks a lot

1 Like

Amazing, it worked after activating auto update.
Sorry for late reply.

Thank you!!.

1 Like

Simple question here… Is there a reason there is not a generic “Select Multiple Objects” node? That’s limiting me in a few ideas and perhaps I’ve overlooked some functionality. Thanks

1 Like

you can use Python to select multiple objects for now

1 Like

Hi Everyone!
I want to change the Z values of all the elements (or some of them, I would filter them) of a pipe network. Let’s say I want all the elements to be located 1 meter higher.
For the moment, I can do it with the pipes:

However, I cannot find a node to change the structures height. I need the top of the structure to remain at ground level, and change the bottom level. For now I just can change the location point of the structure, but the structure height remains the same:

Is there any node to change the structure total height and keeping the top level to the ground?

Thanks!!

1 Like

Hello, I wonder if there is a possibility of getting the superelevation parameters in a range of stations or in a certain station, as part of aligmentextension nodes:

1. by previously calculating the superelevation with a design criteria
  2. even if the superlevation is calculated by two 3dpoly targets with and auxliary subassembly ( like white lines in an existing road) and tresspassing this slope to another subassembly in the same assembly. Maybe this method require to calculate a corridor in order to extract the calculated superelevation.

Once you get it, maybe you can write them in a text along a plan view by stations, or extract them by stations in an excel file

Thank you

1 Like

Hello,

Anyone to help me?
@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1?

1 Like

This is possible but requires to create a proxy for the alignment entities, it’s not a quick thing to implement and I don’t have a lot of bandwidth in my daily job to implement these new nodes.
You can look into Python and the Civil 3D API for the time being.

2 Likes

Ok thanks Paolo, i will try.

You can keep it in your mind it would be helpfull for some rails workflows.

1 Like

Maybe this will help you with what you are trying to do:
Regards,

2 Likes

Hi @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1,

in the roadmap, is there a possibility to add the ability to get the Breaklines of an existing TIN Surface in Dynamo, as well as define a new surface using Feature Lines and/or 3d polylines as Breaklines. thanks,

2 Likes