Civil 3D Toolkit Feedback thread

My partner in crime @safi.hage made all of you some presents

12 Likes

:+1:

2 Likes

Happy christmas! Thks @safi.hage

1 Like

Hi Everyone! I am working with the new nodes for corridors: Creating a corridor works like a charm (see attached). But now i want to assign offset targets. Has someone figured out the concept behind the targets? Corridor Create.dyn (35.6 KB)

2 Likes

Hooray! Canā€™t wait to try out the property set nodes :heart_eyes:

1 Like

HI, I tried to get Parameter name but it return numbers insted.

Any comments.

1 Like

@davila.vanegas thatā€™s what the API returns for stock subassemblies

1 Like

5 Likes

I use the Chinese version of civil 3D 2021. Why did it go wrong?

ę•čŽ·1

1 Like

Install Civil 3D 2021.1

1 Like

I have Civil3DToolkit 1.1.16 installed and use the node ā€œPipe.SetInvertsā€ for trying to change the end invert for some objects. Sometime it works and the next time itā€™s not working. I tried to run the script several times without luck. One time I removed the input from the node and than reconnected them, then it was working. Is that a bug?

1 Like

fyi, if you think there is a bug youā€™ll need to attach the log file and likely more information like a screen shot or the script itself.

2 Likes

I have included the script in this post. As I wrote previous, the node ā€œPipe.SetInvertā€ does nothing with the objects in Civil 3D but if I remove the endInvert connection and reconnect it imediately everything works as supposed. Very strange.
Pipe serviser.dyn (85.3 KB)

1 Like

@ulrik.wittenkamp without testing myself, I think youā€™ve created a race condition by using the Pipe.SetEndPoint and Pipe.SetInverts nodes in parallel branches. If you want to keep it this way, then youā€™d need to setup a gate so that the operation of setting the inverts happens after setting the end point. Another option would be to only use the Pipe.SetEndPoint node, which also sets the elevation if you provide a 3D point.

3 Likes

Thank you mzjensen!!! My script now works perfect! :smile:

1 Like

Lesson learned: when someone says ā€œbugā€ we need to include the person seating between the keyboard and the chair that is writing the post in the problem. :slight_smile:
By default, Iā€™m included in past, present and future issues with the Toolkit but please, DONā€™T CALL BUGS things you donā€™t understand. Say something like ā€œI donā€™t understand what Iā€™m doing wrongā€ (which is still true even if there is a bug!) and ATTACH THE LOG FILES.

5 Likes

I Dont understand what i am doing wrong with the corridor selection node.

was trying to calculate slope between corridor featureline but when changed subassembly cross slope and rerun the code the values are not updated. Noticed that values are not updated if i use selection node from toolkit but updates when the corridor is selected from dynamo civil 3d nodes.

cant see anything in logfile too. Autodesk_Civil3DToolkit.log.txt (211 Bytes)

1 Like

did you try to delete and recreate the drop down? The issue is that the AutoCAD Drop Down base node Iā€™ve used does not implement all the necessary logic to observe changes in the document like in the Revit counterpart. The easy ā€œfixā€ is to extract the name of the Corridor from the DropDown and Select the Corridor By Name.

1 Like

Didnt tried with delete but changed the dropdown and checked it didnt worked. So at the moment using select corridor by name node.

2 Likes

Howdy allā€¦ I am curious if there is a node that will allow for the creation of a new ā€˜Siteā€™ within Civil3D. With the 1.1.14 toolsā€¦ Civil3DToolkit, LandDevelopment, Siteā€¦ I can GetSites but I am not sure how to create a new Site. Help is appreciated.

1 Like