Civil 3D Toolkit Feedback thread

Hi @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1,
this looks really exciting and promising. Do you see another possibility of hookPoint definition instead of number? I know this is based on API, but can you see for example any possibility in definition by unique point code?

C3DToolkit01

1 Like

Look at the SubassemblyPoint nodes

2 Likes

Hi Paolo
I am trying to create an alignment from an ascii file. The only node missing is Floating Curve (From entity end, radius, length)
Could you include it?
Thank you

1 Like

@Redli1 it’s already there

5 Likes

Hello fellow Civil3D Toolkit users,

Just want to share my AU Class in this thread. This can help new user understand the basic of Civil 3D Toolkit.

Please download the sample data set there as well.

Thank you Paolo and Safi amazing package.

Edited below:

Link to show how to make the speed 2x faster in AU.

Cheers,
Jowenn

16 Likes

I wish the video player had an option for faster playback speed. It was very useful @JowennLua well done.

2 Likes

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 it seems like the GetPipeByName node should have an additional input port for a pipe network. It is possible to have multiple pipes with the same name in a document, as long as they are in different pipe networks. What are your thoughts?

2 Likes

Hi @JowennLua, thanks for inspiration. One of my favourite nodes now is ObjectExtensions.GetParameters. Here is my first test how to get subassembly parameters if anyone is interested:

6 Likes

Hello,

I’m getting an error with a script that used to work and where i changed some nodes to use the new alignments.selection node and new getstationoffsetelevationbypoint node, do you have any idea where this problem comes from?

Here is my dynamo log
dynamoLog (5.8 KB)

1 Like

@bertrand.savarit I need the Autodesk.Civil3DToolkit.log file in the temp folder. Can you confirm the version of Civil 3D you are using? there was na update on the API with regards to this method.

1 Like

Sorry for the wrong log here is the Civil3DToolkit log : Autodesk_Civil3DToolkit.txt (92.4 KB)

I’m using C3d 2020.4

1 Like

ok in this case it was not really helpful, I got only two pretty generic errors at the very beginning. Can you try on a different DWG?

1 Like

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 I ran into a problem with PolylineExtensions.ObjectByGeometry, you can see below. The white line is a polyline drawn in AutoCAD, the red line is the result after offsetting the curve in Dynamo and then outputting back to model space. Files attached.

PolylineTest.dwg (405.8 KB)
PolylineTest.dyn (17.1 KB)
Autodesk_Civil3DToolkit.txt (757 Bytes)

4 Likes

Yeap sometimes it happens but there are no discernable errors in the log.

2 Likes

That’s unfortunate. Thanks for looking though.

1 Like

Hi @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1,

You’ll find attached a debug dwg/dyn and the log (but it seems that there is’nt any usable information in it…)
Debug_stationoffsetelevationbypoint.dwg (2.0 MB)
Debug_stationoffsetelevationbypoint.dyn (9.1 KB)
Autodesk_Civil3DToolkit (2).txt (92 Bytes)

1 Like

Hi Paolo,
Are these nodes released already or in progress? Do you have an expected date when this will be released? I was trying hard to find or create a node that could create baseline regions, and it looks like you are already on it! Awesome work and can’t wait to try them out.

1 Like

There is a lot of work to be done yet, I prefer to release when it is complete, just remember the whole Toolkit is not my job, I do this on nights on weekends, so please be patient.

9 Likes

Of course. Thanks, Paolo.

1 Like

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 I can’t create featureline from non planar PolyCurve. Is this the limitation of this node?

Log report says Curve is NOT Horizontal ERROR: Polyline is not planar

1 Like