Civil 3D Toolkit Feedback thread

1 Like

Hi Paolo,
I see you had some explanations about xdata with the Civil 3D toolkit.
When I use the GetXData Methods I get the warning “Warning: ObjectExtensions.GetXData operation failed. Index was outside the bounds of the array.” .
Do you have any idea what this message means. What could be wrong here?
Vincent De Breuck

1 Like

Try and use the output of the AddXData node to feed the GetXData

1 Like

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 I tried that workaround it doesn’t work:

Could you please try on this dwg which contains 3dpolyline:

3DPolyline to Featureline.dwg (901.6 KB)

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply Paolo,

Same issue :

I am using
• Civil 3D 2020 ![image|
• Civil3D Toolkit 1.1.14

Vincent

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out, something has definitely changed since I’ve added the nodes to the package. Fixed in 1.1.15
please Note that the inputs are not single numbers and values but lists of numbers and values.

1 Like

First, it works for me passing the polycurve directly in 3D.

Second, in your graph it actually inserted all the points, but found PI already in the Feature Line, check the Log

1 Like

Thanks @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 for your reply,

I tried exactly the same way how you showed. It doesn’t work for me:

It inserted all the points but as you can see in the image below FL is not same as Polyline3D:

1 Like

You need to provide the vertices in the correct order but you are going to get an open Feature Line

1 Like

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 All my points are already in order:

1 Like

Look at the last image I posted more closely

1 Like

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 Could you please drop your dyn graph. I’m not able to see what is before List.Flatten etc. I will study closely. Thanks a lot for your support.

1 Like

Hi @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1,

Have you been able to take a look into the bug i encountered with the stationoffsetelevationbypoint node?

1 Like

OK. Thank yiou.

When you mention ” Fixed in 1.1.15”, do you have an idea when it will be possible to download it?

Currently I can one download 1.114.

image003.png

Kind regards.

Vincent

P.S. I can currently access the xdata through GetParametersByName , but is quite a workaround…

1 Like

When I finished to address the elements here https://github.com/paoloemilioserra/Civil3dToolkit/issues
and here https://github.com/paoloemilioserra/Civil3dToolkit/projects/1 (the work in progress)

1 Like

I looked closely again. You’re getting 18 points to Set PI Points and other 2 points which you already created polyline to create featureline. I used the same like you did but still I am not getting the same FL like you’re getting.

1 Like

Hi @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1

i am not sure how to use Github and if you want us to put directly our ideas on github or here so i continue here :

• it would be great if in your new selections node for alignments, corridors and surfaces you could had in the drop list an empty value…
1 Like

@bertrand.savarit thanks, you can register to github with your email for free, it is simpler than you think. For now I’ll report your inputs https://github.com/paoloemilioserra/Civil3dToolkit/projects/1#card-50524960

1 Like

Hi @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 for my last query do I need to wait until your next release 1.1.15 to fix nodes Create Featureline and Fix PI Point?

1 Like

I did not touch those nodes

1 Like