Civil 3D Toolkit Feedback thread

http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2019/ENU/API_Reference_Guide/html/222e27eb-0188-3e7d-0e54-dce91a4985fa.htm
Radius curve
Center Point and station curve
Srart Point and station curve
End Point and station curve
Intersection angle between the tangents of the entere curve
P.I. Point of intersection of the main tangents
Tangent to spiral
It is necessary to do a list of elements of the alignment

1 Like

@durasovartyom you haven’t really answered my question: why do you need to make a list of the alignment entities? for documentation/drawing production? for a report? or do you use it for calculations?

1 Like
  1. For a report
  2. For documentation and drawing production
1 Like

Hi guys:
I was trying to get an offset polyline or polycurve from an alignment or feature line. Basically something similar to the stepped offset command. I need to offset with slope.
Any idea?
Thanks

1 Like

Hi @John.DeLeeuw @safi.hage @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1

How can i read all the projects in BIM 360? Could you please share an example graph.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

@craigp have you created a Forge App in your name? Civil 3D Toolkit Feedback thread

Via desktop connector it’s very easy: you just need to browse the hubs, I assume you need to create a report of some sort, so here is an example.

1 Like

@Alessandro1985 this is not a feedback for Civil3DToolkit, can you post it on a separate thread please?

1 Like

Hi Paolo, i don’t see the ability to rename a pipe in the toolkit, Is that functionality coming up? I would like to be able to rename the pipe by capturing the name of the upstream structure and downstream. So, instead of the pipe to be “pipe -345” to be more like “MH-4 to MH-3”. Having the structure names in the pipe is more meaningful when working with SSA reports.

1 Like

@csanchez you can do it from Dynamo OOTB Civil 3D.CivilObjects.CivilObject.SetName()

2 Likes

That works, Thank you Paolo.

1 Like

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1, is there a way to set pipe invert elevation . currently what’s available is to set pipe start/end point which is the center of the pipe . so the workaround I am following is subtracting half of the pipe diameter to get to the invert elevation .
as the design is usually based on the invert level it will be much helpful if we could have a direct node for setting pipe start/end invert elevation

1 Like

@mohamed.ahmed like this?

3 Likes

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 , yes exactly, but is slope optional to replace Start Invert & End Invert if the user need to set the slope and one of the inverts ?

1 Like

@mohamed.ahmed the invert depends on the slope, if you set the invert let’s say at the end and you don’t provide the new value for the slope what happen to the invert start? does it change or does it translate rigidly to preserve the slope?

1 Like

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1, inverts and slope are interconnected like a triangle edges basically , following the example you mentioned : if i set the invert of the end i would expect the start invert not to change and the slope to be recalculated between the 2 inverts. does this make sense ?
the problem always comes when the user needs to change the slope , this where the question should be which of the 2 inverts to hold still and which to change.

1 Like

Were you able to come up with a solution for this? I too tried this and found only photos from my Iphone would work. I tried images from a DJI and an Android both of which would return Null values.

1 Like

@safi.hage got a hold of me and I send him the picture I was having an issue with. They mentioned that Androids don’t provide direction data. I was informed that it was corrected with v1.0.4. Unfortunately I haven’t had a chance to update and test it as I got pulled on a couple of year end projects.

1 Like

In the photo sent by @clarsenCNDZF, there was no direction information which leads to an exception in previous version, now if there is no direction, it will return a 0 value for the angle. @Jbrubaker it is corrected in 1.0.4

1 Like

@John.DeLeeuw you need to set up a filter instead of an empty string for instance :

• issue filter : if you know the Id of the document (urn) : “filter[target_urn]=#URN#”
  • hub/project by name : “filter[attributes.name]=#NAME#”

More info here

There are 2 new nodes for patching issue (@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 will release them shortly)

• SetAttrituteByNameAndValue
  • SetAttritutesByNameAndValue

Available attribute name are listed here

2 Likes

Thank you! Hadn’t looked for an updated package. That appears to have resolved the issue.

1 Like