Civil 3D Toolkit Feedback thread

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 Yes, I checked that when I was trying to figure out what was wrong. I used a string to force the direct address to the Photo.ByFilePath node. The photos that were taken by the Apple device have no problems running. The photos taken by my android pull the same error with a direct path string. I also just tested a photo taken from a coworkers Android this morning to make sure it wasn’t just my camera. Same problem.

1 Like

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1

Thank you for the tip regarding the parcels! I think there is something else that is having an effect in my installation, because I am able to select the Parcels as Civil Objects by Layer, but Dynamo doesn’t understand that it is a Parcel Object! (my list is not the same as you screenshot!)
(I tested with CivilToolkit 1.0.1 on Dynamo for Civil Update 1 as well as Update 2 Beta)

I have also been trying to get the issues from BIM 360 as well. I managed to get a Token and I have access to the Forge Project, but I receive this warning:

“Warning: Issue.GetIssuesByFilter operation failed.
Error reading JObject from JsonReader. Path ‘’, line 0, position 0.”

Thank you for all your work and help Paolo and Safi, this is so exciting

1 Like

@clarsenCNDZF there is no EXIF location data in this photo

1 Like

you need to pass Parcel.ByObject before calling the Geometry, if you used the AddNewTypes in the graph it should do this conversion for you automatically.
Moving forward I’m removing these objects from the AddNewTypes as you will select them only through the Site.

1 Like

@safi.hage I believe the forum automatically strips out any exif data for privacy concerns (as with most web portals now). May have to reach out directly to get data shared via other methods.

1 Like

Yay :slight_smile: it works. Thank you so much

1 Like

Hi @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 Pao or @safi.hage , does the Forge App also need BIM360 Account Administration access for getting and setting issues? At the moment I didn’t provide this and am wondering if that could be the problem.

1 Like

Hi @John.DeLeeuw, you need a 3-legged token to get access to issues, the current node in the toolkit gives a 2-legged one.
You can use Postman for the 3-legged authentification process : 3-legged-authentication-postman then use it in the graph.
I did also 2 nodes to make it easier (should be released soon)

• Get3LeggedTokenURL : it creates the appropriate URL to start the authentification process then open browser to run it. (access token has to be then paste in the graph as a string)
  • Get3LeggedToken : this node has a webbrowser embedded so you can stay in Dynamo but for security reason, it is not possible (by default) to execute a script when a user click a link (which is in the “Allow” button), however you can enabled this feature and let AutoCAD (acad.exe) to run script by changing a registry key (see MSDN)

More information here and here regarding the Oauth api and wpf webbrowser integration.

Video

3 Likes

Hi @safi.hage, thanks for clearing this ‘issue’ :wink: up. So why is there an extra security layer needed to get to the issues since projects, folders and also files can just be accessed through 2-legged tokens?

Shouldn’t it become much easier when Dynamo is able to just pick up the ‘current’ Autodesk User Sign-in from either Desktop App or Desktop Connector?

1 Like

Updated 1.0.2 on the package manager with the nodes above + LandDevelopment.Site

3 Likes

This has to do with the workflows enabled in BIM360 and how the Forge APIs are designed to provide the access. In general all the BIM360 workflows are 2-legged based but since the issues available in BIM360 Document Management (project and document issues) have been unified with the BIM360 Field Management issues (quality-issues), they now require a 3-legged OAuth.

2 Likes

Hi @safi.hage, it’s working now!

Although I didn’t manage to get around the embedded browser script execution even after adding and changing the FEATURE_SCRIPTURL_MITIGATION RegKey. This wasn’t present on my LOCAL MACHINE so I added it and as CURRENT USER it doesn’t seem to bypass the security. I also tried setting my default browser to IE.

The thing I did notice @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1, is that the new nodes to get the 3-legged Token seem to disfunction when saving, closing and reopening the script, then the nodes appear to change with double inputs? Can you confirm?

1 Like

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1
Something goes haywire with the get document pipenetworks node. It works fine when you first insert it into the graph. However, if you close and re-open the dyn, the node appears like this and does not function.

2 Likes

@keith.sowinski thanks for the feedback, that has never come up during development :open_mouth: I’ll try to see if I can replicate it

1 Like

@John.DeLeeuw @keith.sowinski Update 1.0.3 should have fixed it, there was a compatibility issue with Json.Net, thanks everyone!

4 Likes

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1: the nodes work fine now!
@safi.hage, I managed to recreate the BIM360 Issues correlation between PaperSpace and ModelSpace and it works pretty nice :clap:

I would like to know however if there is a node that can GET only the Issues from the current Document? That would greatly streamline the complete graph.

1 Like

Hi Safi, can you also share your [Patch] python node to edit the BIM360 Issues?

1 Like

Hi @safi.hage and @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1: Issues placed in 3D Views can also be generated in Model Space since I found the globalOffset values in the Issue Json node dictionaries. There is much information in there!

To get them on the correct coordinates you need to adjust them with the location value. I guess this is a local transformation used in BIM360?

1 Like

Good day!
Can you please implement the nodes to get alignment properties, all the properties of the curves.

I thank you for the package Civil 3D Toolkit!

1 Like

@durasovartyom thanks, can you please elaborate why you need such information so I can understand what is needed?

1 Like