Civil 3D Toolkit Feedback thread

I’m using 1.0.13. Could you please try creating one simple polyline with lines + arcs and try creating pipe you will see arcs are gone. I think the input only except lines and arcs. Can we connect directly as polycurve input?

1 Like

Ok, that’s because you need to pass actual arcs if you need the arcs in the curve input when you are creating the Pipes

1 Like

Yeah i also thought to do and tried but didn’t find any nodes to extract arcs and lines from polycurve :thinking:. Do you have any suggestions sir?

1 Like

I’m sure you can figure out a way using the Dynamo geometry library.

2 Likes

Hi Paolo,

I just started learning Dynamo. I wrote a script based on the example above but I keep getting an error when I change the numbers in the code block. I want to be able to choose from the 3 parts list but it seems to be only picking up the Standard parts list. The Pipe Network is on the Storm Sewer parts list.

It’s giving me an error as shown below:
“Warning: Index was out of range. If non-negative must be less than the size of the list.”

1 Like

Hi @LNabua8FATY

Looks like you’re missing index in the code block try changing it to:

a[0][2][1]

2 Likes

Thanks a lot @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 i managed to do that.

Could please share dwg file. It will help me study. Which part size you have used to create arc pipe?

Thanks in Advance.

1 Like

@craigp I’ve reviewed the code and released 1.0.14: there was in fact a bug when detecting arcs, now it should work as expected. Give it a go and let me know.

1 Like

Hi paolo,

It works perfectly now. Thanks a lot :+1:. Do we have any nodes to set this:

1 Like

At the moment it takes the center line as a default but then you can set the invert at start or end of the pipes.

1 Like

When I saved my script and reopened it, there were a lot of missing nodes. This is happening to all my scripts.

1 Like

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 - I’m trying to use the Pipe.SetInvertAtLocation node to set start and end inverts. It is not working properly:

1 Like

This was fixed with the Dynamo for Civil 3D Beta 2, can you confirm you are using the latest version? Also it is not Civil 3D Toolkit related.

3 Likes

@mzjensen when the slope is Zero it will give you an infinite length, I’ll fix it in the next release.
use the other node where you can specify the slope as well.
Also:

• It might take 2 runs of the graph to get the correct values
  • It’s best if you concatenate the nodes and don’t create parallel branches

1 Like

Is it possible to run this in Dynamo Player and have it prompt me to select the objects and input the rim elevation?

1 Like

Yes you need to right click on the Select Object and Number nodes and check the “Is Input” option.
Not Civil 3D Toolkit related, please open a new thread for this kind of questions.

2 Likes

Is there a way I can change the part family and size so that every time I select an object, it’s a different part family and size? Or can I only do that by changing the code block in the script?

1 Like

I tried to recreate his script but with no arcs. However, it’s not getting to all the points. Not sure what I’m doing wrong.

1 Like

@LNabua8FATY you should explore Dynamo better, a good place to start is the DynamoPrimer.com

https://primer.dynamobim.org/06_Designing-with-Lists/6-1_whats-a-list.html

1 Like

Ah figured it out. Thank you!

1 Like