Civil 3D Toolkit Feedback thread

Normal featureline! :grinning:

1 Like

Featureline stationing always starts at 0+00, so you can do it like this:

5 Likes

Wow! Awesome, so I did miss that node. Thanks you!

1 Like

Hi
First time user here.
I’m trying to create a Legend from all layers in a drawing.
Is there any way to have the text after each LegendItem different from the actual layeritem’s layer?
I want all the texts in the legend to be white with a contineous linetype. But by default, the Legend.ToAutocad creates both the legend item and it’s description text on the same layer. Resulting in a very hard to read list of different colors and linetypes.

1 Like

@RobertMansson welcome to the forum, simply replace the layer input in the LegendItem.ByLayerLinetypeScale with the layer that you want and you are done, for example with a string input or via code block. As a recommendation don’t try to guess what a node does as you did in this case, in fact your interpretation of what is happening in the node Legend.ToAutoCAD is not correct. Simply reach out for help saying you don’t know exactly how a node works. It avoids spreading wrong interpretations and you save others (yourself included) a ton of time, I’ll see if I can make the description of the node clear in future releases, thanks!

EDIT: I will change the behaviour to match your use case, it actually makes a lot of sense, so thanks again!

3 Likes

Hi @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1,

Would it be possible to create a selection node that would get any alignment as an input and then give us the possibility to select in a dropdown list a profile attached to this alignment?

It would be similar to this node but with a dropdown list in output?

3 Likes

@bertrand.savarit I was trying to do exactly that but I’m struggling to find time to investigate more about how to make it work now.

6 Likes

“This takes us closer to being able to create Corridors and start to seriously think about Generative Design workflows for transportation in Civil 3D”. Any change creating corridors from Featurelines will also be in place by then? Based on a layername I could generate Feature Lines from 3D polylines at once already. From there, creating corridors from Featurelines and alter the applied subassemblies would I think add to a great value.

1 Like

Good afternoon!
Please pay attention to the following question and feature:
That script files are opened without blocking - read / write. Any user can open and edit the script file.
It should be?

1 Like

Good Day. I’m new here. I’m learning Dynamo since June 2020. Also, I have no knowledge regarding Civil 3d API.

I just want to ask how to use Parcel.ByObject node. Is it the same as the one in the Create Design Panel of Civil3d?

I’m trying to create Parcels from polylines but error appears in relation to data types. I can’t see any node to convert the data types from polyline to civil object or from autocad object to civil object. Warnings as shown in the image.
(Since I’m new, I’m only limited in uploading 1 image so I combined 3 images into 1. )

1 Like

Hi Paolo,

Hope you are well.

Getting UDP(User-Defined Property) values works a treat, it has now become part of our workflow to export CSV from our Civil 3D file for further processing.

I’m having difficulties implementing the reverse process - feeding UDP back into Civil 3D.

It’s a pretty straightforward process of reading CSV, matchinig values by Point Number and then Setting values to CoGo points, but for some reason it is returning nulls and no values are getting modified.

I recreated it in a testing file and simplified a script to convey the message. (txt file has to be renamed to csv for the script to pick it up). Files attached.

I hope it’s not a bug and it’s me doing something wrong although similar script for feeding Point Elevations from CSV does work.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

TEST.dwg (905.1 KB)
TEST_CoGo_UserDefinedProperty_By_CSV.dyn (57.9 KB) TEST_IN.txt (51 Bytes)

Civil 3D 2020.4,
Dynamo Core 2.4.1.6394,
Dynamo Civil 3D 2.4.1.2161,
Civil 3D Toolkit 1.1.13

2 Likes

@srinzon “ByObject” in this context means Parcel object from AutoCAD. There are no nodes to create Parcel segments in the Toolkit

2 Likes

Thanks @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1. I guess, I can’t use that node for now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

hello i am new to civil 3d and Dynamo with civil 3d Toolkit nodes. So maybe the questions are silly sorry.

Can someone tell me how i can fill the created 3d solid between two surfaces with color and materials? Which layer is suitable here?

1 Like

Hi @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1, are catchment nodes on roadmap for the toolkit? I found that the Object.Geometry could also use an update for catchments. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1. I noticed some bugs using the Featureline.ByPolyCurve node. I made a script for getting the geometry of parcels in the form of featurelines. I don’t know why but some of my polycurves are not perfectly converted to featurelines as they do not follow the the shape of the polycurves.

Attached are the dynamo scripts and the dwg file that I’m working on.

CreatePadsByParcel.dyn (132.1 KB)Parcels.dwg (996.4 KB)

1 Like

@srinzon every time someone writes “bug” I will ignore the message unless the log file in the temp folder is provided (read up), besides I cannot reproduce the error.

7 Likes

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1

Hope you are well.

I’m experiencing the following issue, hopefully the image explains itself:

Civil 3D Toolkit 1.1.13

Log file:
Autodesk_Civil3DToolkit.txt (3.2 MB)

1 Like

@ValentinB I need to take a look at the log file, please…

1 Like

Sure, included in the message above.

1 Like