Civil 3D Toolkit Feedback thread

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1: Always welcome! Since Civil API is being used. Bulding solids between detailed terrain models might become difficult. I think we need the possibility to tile the terrains/apply borders and then create the solids for the tiles afterwards.

1 Like

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 Great Job :+1: :clap:. Is it possible to have a dictionary of all these nodes? It will help users to know which node is used for there tasks.

1 Like

@craigp if you look in the installation folder you have an Autodesk.Civil3DToolkit.XML file, it’s a good start to see what comes with the toolkit

2 Likes

I tried the new tkcorridorfeaturelines nodes, they work perfectly, thanks @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1

1 Like

When I install versions > 1.1.6 only this option appears.

1 Like

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1. I found the Dynamo log file relating to the ‘AddPipeByCurve’

1 Like

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 I noticed that TinSurfaceExtensions.CreateSolids does not work with negative values. From the help docs:

SolidAtDepth

2 Likes

On the same line it’s not posible to create the solid if we input a depth 0. It’s posible to do this manually tho.

1 Like

Would it work to lower the surface first and then extrude it upward?

1 Like

@keith.sowinski that’s a good workaround, or maybe extracting the solid and then moving it down. I had assumed it would be a simple fix since the option exists via the Civil 3D UI, but I just saw that the ExtractSolids method is not exposed via .NET. So perhaps it is a bit more tricky and there is a good reason why negative values won’t work.

Whatever the case, the core functionality is there and adding support for negative values would just be an enhancement.

1 Like

Civil3DToolkit has Collaboration i.e. BIM360, (especially) Forge, just wonder if this can be generalized so it can also be used in Revit Dynamo, etc

1 Like

Hi @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1

I’m getting Warning The File exists for some reason for this node. I was able to read the pipe ids through python though :thinking:

Similar issue was discussed earlier in this thread. I tried to create another windows login user to see if that’s the culprit, for few hours the node was working fine but later the issue bounce back again.

1 Like

Hi @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1,

If you gate time please look in to trimming node for polycurve. currently Dynamo doesnt have trmming option for line or polycurve. If you could add that node that will be really a great help for autocad dynamo scripts as well as civil 3d operations.

1 Like

You can use Geometry.Trim.

1 Like

This isn’t really a Civil 3D thing, but more of a Dynamo geometry thing, and as such likely best to request on the Dynamo Wishlist here: GitHub - DynamoDS/DynamoWishlist: This is a repository for all wishlist items for Dynamo Core.

That said, it’s a VERY easy workaround of 2 or 3 nodes in place of the one, so likely best to run with this for now:

2 Likes

Thanks @jacob.small for the solution …in the forum at multiple location it says we can not trim the polycurve hope we can divert it to this now.

1 Like

Hi @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1, for some reason I am getting this error with the BlockReferenceExtensions.GetDynamicBlockReferences node. It persists whether the node has an input or not.

1 Like

Hi all,
I can not find how from AlignmentSubEntity Arc get Radius. Is there any workaround or tip how to get all Arc Radius from alignment?

1 Like

Hi, I don’t know if it is intended but the GetTKFeatureLines creates a Dictionary and therefore you cannot, for example, get the polycurves directly from its output :

1 Like

Hi, i’m not a Dynamo expert but that’s how i would do it :

6 Likes