Change Element Work Plane Parameter

Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if there is a way to change the “work plane” parameter of an element already placed in a model? I tried using the Element.SetParameterByName node but I get an error saying the parameter is read only. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I read many threads and it appears that the work plane parameter cannot be edited but I am not sure if this is still the case.

I can place a new hosted family and specify the level by using FamilyInstance.ByPointAndLevel node. I can also use the element.host node to get the host level but I haven’t found anything to suggest that i can access “edit work plane” and specify the name of a new work plane (see image below for reference). Can someone please confirm if it is or isn’t possible to change the work plane of a family already placed in the model?

Thanks

unfortunately i couldn’t found away for that, i think it is not possible in dynamo.
i have manage to do the concept by two ways:

• replace with new element in the same original one location and it can be managed to put a workplan host
  • edit the family to have a height parameter, and then we can modify this parameter by dynamo to put the fixture on ceiling

That’s what I figured. Thanks for the reply