Camber Feedback Thread

Can you share a screenshot of the what the geometry looks like in Dynamo?

Just about the same (this is the geometry from the Autocad-screenshot in my prior post):

By the way: the yellow warning signs are from geometry-scaling. Iā€™m working with large coordinates and it is set to medium.
Also: Thank you for your help! :slight_smile:

It looks like there arenā€™t the same number of map features in Dynamo-geometry form as there are in model space. The sample line geometry and the intersection points look correct based on what is shown. So I think itā€™s probably an issue with the map features (or something else in the graph) and not the sample line.

Iā€™m unable to reproduce this. Can you share a DWG and DYN with the issue?

I could really use an option to set a starting station for an alignment while creating it. Currently using the AlignmentExtensions.CreateAlignmentByPolyline from the Civil3DToolkit. Whaddya say @mzjensenā€¦ Want to one-up the olā€™ C3D Toolkit? :wink:

It would also be useful to be able to set a specific band set for a given profile view as itā€™s being created in Dynamo, or to assign a band set after creation.

Do you know if the Arkance Systems package allows for either of those?

This is Amazing!

1 Like

Unless I have overlooked something (which is always possible) it does not appear that Arkance allows for either setting the start station of an alignment or setting a specific band set for a given profile view.

That is on the wish list.

@jason.kreger these nodes are now available in v4.1.3.

7 Likes

@mzjensen If our paths ever cross at a conference or something, I owe you a beer (or several :beer: :beer: :beer:). Thank you!

3 Likes

AU 2022? :thinking:

3 Likes

We all owe Zachri a beer. :joy:

3 Likes

Hi Iā€™m trying to use ExternalBlockReference to change the values of multiple attributes across blocks on multiple dwgs, but it doesnā€™t save, and I did find the external document save node but I donā€™t see the way it can connect to the end of this program, anyone know how to do it?

Hi @ssimpsonHU35B,

You can do it like this.

4 Likes

Hello @mzjensen , great tool overall, canā€™t stress enough how useful it is for my work.

Iā€™ve been having an odd issue though. I was trying to create a script for label placement. All seems to be working well but for some reason my last node ā€œProfileViewStationElevationLabel.ByStationElevationā€ seems to be mixing the numbers in a weird fashion. Please, have a look:

Hi @mchn,

Sorry, but Iā€™m not seeing the same behavior. Maybe there is something else going on upstream in your graph, or maybe you can set the node lacing to Auto instead of Longest.

@mzjensen
Thank you for your reply. I did as you said, but the weirdness continues. Are there other solutions I can try? BTW, Iā€™m using 2.12 Dynamo, Civil 2022 and the latest Camber there is.

Iā€™m not really sure why that is happening :confused:
How do you want them to be sorted? You could use List.SortByKey to get them in the order you want.

Finally got to play with the MLeader nodes :smiley: . Weā€™ve got like 12 striping sheets with striping detail numbers called out with mleaders with block attributes. Originally, client wanted no markers but now they do, so multiple leaders per page need a new number, but luckily I just had to whip up a little script with Camber and it worked great! Thanks for making it happen Zach :pray:

MLeader-Replace Striping Detail v1.dyn (133.4 KB)

3 Likes