Bumblebee Read Excel in Dynamo 2.0

I noticed the read excel node wasn’t working in 2.0 and saw on the forums the package hasn’t been updated yet. I found the issue to be the bumblebee.py file and how it does version detection. These are the two lines you need to edit:

dynamoversion = str(dynamo.GetName().Version)[:3]
sys.path.append(r"C:\Program Files\Dynamo\Dynamo Core\"+dynamoversion))

The issue is that when it would detect version “1.3” that is 3 characters to find the matching folder in that directory to get to protogeometry.dll. However dynamo 2.0 installs in a folder just named “2” being one character and causes error.

Any who, temp fix till the package is updated, delete the line with “dynamoversion” and make the second line look like the following.

sys.path.append(r"C:\Program Files\Dynamo\Dynamo Core\2"))

This will make the package in useable in any other version besides 2.0 by the way. Just a temp fix, I’m sure there are better ways to include the change and still keep compatibility but I’m lazy and needed a quick fix.

Hope it helps.

2 Likes

Definitely good info! I actually used an if statement to fix.

The PR is here:

3 Likes

Definitely a better solution to keep that backwards compatibility for those who need it. I’m going through my packages and scripts making sure everything works for 2.0 so having the 2.0 only will help out with rolling out the updates through the company since those who don’t update wont get to use the nice tools I’ve made haha.

1 Like