Can't get Bumblebee to install correctly

When i install Bumblebee, I only get

None of the nodes in the primer come through. I have tried installing older versions of BumbleBee and they aren’t working at all.
I am on Dynamo 1.3.3.
I have tried to Install Bumblebee 2019.2.2

1 Like

You’re attempting to install a 2.x version of bumblebee. @Konrad_K_Sobon uses this format for his package versions:

XXXX.Y.Z

XXXX = Revit Version (year)
Y = Dynamo Version (2/1/0)
Z = Package version (0…X)

Find the latest bumblebee package where the Y is a 1 and see if that fixes the issue.

1 Like

Thanks… is it odd that Dynamo 1.3.3 package search would attempt to install that version?
I found that the problem with downloading an older version had been that i had forgotten to Unblock the ZIP file - so most of the nodes were being blocked.
After Unblocking the ZIP, everything seemed to work properly.

2 Likes

Glad you worked it out. :slight_smile:

Note that package manager doesn’t differentiate between packages as some packages work with both versions of Dynamo.

This is a version “identifier” that I have been using on my own. It’s not something that Dynamo team recommended or supports. Package Manager indiscriminately tries to install whatever is the last package version that was uploaded to Package Manager. It has no logic for versioning like this. Sorry.

no worries. thanks.

I have the same problem, how do I fix this?

When you go to search for the package, click on the line of text at the bottom of the result (it says Dynamo 2.0.1 - Dynamo and Excel Interop developed by…), and you will see all of the previous versions of the package.
You can then click on the one that matches your build (for me, it was 2017.13.2, which indicates it was the second package of Bumblebee that was released for Dynamo 1.3)

Also - Welcome to the forum!