Batch export from Revit to IFC

closed both revit and dynamo and re-ran it:

You missed the longest lacing which is not avalaible with only the python script.

1 Like

My bad, I thought that it might be helpful if I included the error message, as well. Thank you so much, this seem to have worked! I now just need to figure out why the script output IFC file sizes seem to be quite different from the manual export.

With the Revit interface, you can choose the IFC version and the MVD (IFC3 Coordination view or IFC4 Reference View).
The custom node is more basic and you can’t choose the MVD. (The MVD is only avalaible in the IFC exporter dll)

1 Like

Hi @Alban_de_Chasteigner,
I’m unable to find this node “Export IFC from Directory”. Is it no longer available? Is there any other workaround? Also the current “Export IFC” node has option to load UserDefinedPset, which is great.
Thanks in advance.

Hi,

The custom node still exists (Export IFC in Document node).

The UserDefinedPset option already exists in the Export IFC in current document.

Yes, but UserDefinedPset option isn’t available in “Export IFC in Document” right?

Too complicated to manage with multiple links (documents Revit).

Hi @Alban_de_Chasteigner I added the UserDefinedPset from the custom node to the IFC from Document. Even after long lacing, I’m only getting 1 file exported and that too twice, one with the file name given in the node and other with the Revit file name. Do I need to keep all the files open? No right? Can it loop the task for how many ever files are present in the directory, without manually opening it?

4 posts were split to a new topic: Batch Export IFC