Bakery Package Problem

I’m running into a problem where Bakery nodes are not functioning. If I uninstall all of my packages and install only Bakery, it seems to work, but when I include Archi-Lab, LunchBox, Beaker, Rhythm, Clockwork, etc. the Bakery nodes fail to output data. Specifically, I’m trying to utilize the List Phase Elements node. On its own it will return the phase data, but with the other packages installed it outputs null. Does anyone have any insight on what order to install packages so Bakery doesn’t fail? Or does someone have an alternative to this Bakery node?

Probably you have an unresolved block (there are several blocks with the same name in differents packages and Dynamo can’t tell which one you mean.) in the Backery node that is not working.

You can open it per double click (I can’t remember if you are able to see unresolved modules without running the script).

Look for which node is not working and we can try to help you to find a solution.

Everything is golden as far as I can see…I’ve opened the nested custom nodes and everything is all gray - no problems detected. I’ve tried another machine and now the node is not working there either. Something deprecated over the weekend among my systems and now Bakery is broken. I’m at a total loss for why now. Literally nothing has changed from when it was working last week until today. I will have to find another set of nodes or package to get what I need working. I wish Bakery wasn’t such a high maintenance package containing all of the dependencies that it does.

Hi @Cody_Winchester

You could try unistalling all custom packages and manually download from dynamobimpackages.com and install them. If your looking to get phase names then you could just copy paste below items into canvas and use getparameter by name node to get phase names.

1 Like

I’ve stumbled on this tread becuase I too am experiencing issues with Bakery on their customs nodes

Bakery has not been updated in over 3 years and the creator of that package hasn’t even logged into this forum in 2 years. Even when it was last updated it clashed with just about every other package that exists, resulting in constant errors.

I (unfortunately) consistently have to recommend to clients to not use it.

What I would do is, start a new thread and describe what you are wanting to do and users here can chime in on how to do that task with stable nodes.

(Apologies if that sounds harsh, I just get a bit bummed out every time I see users get abandoned like this)

Thanks for the response I appreciate your input. I opened up a earlier topic today about getting .xml file imported into dynamo for project parameter in this tread and after looking around and trying different options i was able to get something with Bakery but then found out there is alot of issues using Bakery as described in previous post. Thanks again for your input .