Auto Dims Linked

Hi All,

I’ve been having some fun adding a bit of extra functionality to my auto dimension graph…

It dimensions in the current document, linked documents, user selected and All in view… it creates multi-dims so i can run with a brick dim checker, it works for pointy walls… It ignores anything out of the cut plane. I’m not convinced linked files will work with different coordinate system locations, I need some more test cases.

I have been struggling to return button clicks from WPF so it’s still winforms… I’ve commented out the links so it should run straight out of the box (if anyone can stream from URI without saving locally I would be very interested!). Primarily it’s Revit API driven, but there is a bit of Protogeometry which I’ll replace at some point.

Perhaps it’s useful :slight_smile:

Mark

Dimension Walls In Plan.dyn (59.5 KB)

11 Likes

Thank you for sharing,
for some reason, I am running your dynamo script but nothing happens. I am using revit 2020 and dynamo 2.3.1
Thank,

Hey,

That’s odd, if you could pass me a sample .rvt i can have a quick look for you? Otherwise, perhaps you could try de-bugging… working down through the python and using OUT= on the various variables to see where the problem occurs?

Cheers,

Mark

whos erro?

Hi Mark,

Many many thanks for this script its set to save a shedload of time for my team in setting out walls.

One thing I wanted to ask is, where within the python are you defining the reference curves for the dimension? I was hoping to change it out so that instead of the finish face we can dim to the core faces.

Appreciate that you might not have the time to add this functionality to the script itself but if you point me in the direction of the line no. where you are coding this I’ll have a crack myself.

Cheers

Hey,

So the script gets both the references and their geometric representation, physically clashes the geometry and in parallel, filters out the references which aren’t needed.

You would need to adjust the filtering by finding some property of the wall layer which is unique to Cores… There may well be something in the API…

Alternatively, you could make use of nodes in Genius Loci to extract wall references? There are lots of useful nodes which should let you build your own graph…

I hope that helps :slight_smile:

Mark

1 Like

Please Help Me !!!

Hi, I am trying to use this script.

It is showing attached warning and not working.

Can you please share pacakges used or any other pre-requisite for this script to work.
Thanks in advance.

Dipti