Auto Dimension

Hello!
I’m Very New to Dynamo, and have managed to make this script to auto Dimension Floor edges, but it has one issue.
I’ve reached a point where it can make one Dimension line per floor edge, but this line annotates every edge, where I’d like it to reference only the dimension of the particular edge where it is placed, instead of every edge in the horizontal or vertical axis.
I hope someone can help me with this, I would really appreciate that.
I’ll leave the script here, and a reference image of my issue.

This is what I’d like it to do:

Here’s the script:

C3_Cotas Automáticas Floor 2.0.dyn (96.8 KB)

You should look into the GeniusLoci package. Lots of great nodes for dimensioning. I think the issue with your script might be the levels.

1 Like

Hi,

Here is an exemple with the Genius Loci package

2 Likes

Option two. List of floors.

Dimension Floor Edges.dyn (50.9 KB)

1 Like

Thank you very much!
I didn’t really manage to make it work this way, but I didn’t really understand the code blocks, but it was really useful to learn a few things! thank you!

Thank You very much! This was a great solution and really helped me out!
Now I’m trying a second version of this script to make it work with linked files, but I don’t quite know how to make it so it only affects de floors on the active view on current document, could you help me out?
C3_Cotas Automáticas por Categoría Linked Files.dyn (61.1 KB)

Hello.
Ooof I haven’t really had to do this will linked elements but have a look around on the forum. I see there are a few treads on how to collect linked elements. Once you get the linked floors it should be as simple as plugging them into to the script I’ve already shown you.
Good luck.

Oh please mark the solution again. Took it off by mistake. :+1:t5: