Auto Dimension options Revit 2019

Hi, trying to get back into Dynamo. I am currently trying to add another option to my working Dynamo script for auto dimensioning floor plans. Is there a way with Dynamo to find the Revit aligned dimensioning option with the ‘Entire Wall’ pick and the chosen options for the width?
See picture for what I’m looking for.

That is an interesting question!

I believe it is a postable command, so you can’t really make use of it in Dynamo…

Though I would be pleased to be wrong :slight_smile: Maybe @Daniel_Woodcock1 can confirm…

In all my years in revit, I don’t think I have ever used those options! :sweat_smile:

I’m not sure it’s even in the postable commands, I had a quick look and couldn’t find it, and even if it was there I’m not sure how useful it would be in dynamo.

@Mark.Ackerley, isn’t this pretty much what you wrote with the wall dim script anyway? Seems to just raycast through the wall just picking up any opening references on the way.

1 Like

The aligned dimension is a postable? So it’s options of that I think?

I think you wrote the raycast method script :stuck_out_tongue: (I’m sure the OP can find it with a search) but it would have been nice if there was a way to get most of that functionality from a single method…

Thanks for getting back to us :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, but postable commands can only be used once and terminate, and they also don’t take any arguments like options and return void, so there would be no way to do this still.

Ha, it was more of a demonstration of ‘how to’ rather than a full solution, but it would still be how I’d approach making the auto dim feature personally. I agree, it would be good if this was included in the API, although that would take out all the fun… I enjoy headaches! Haha!

Anytime mate! :blush:

It’s a funny one…

No worries!

So it’s simply not possible to acces this through Dynamo? I figured it would save me so much time and trouble if it was! :pensive:

Thank you both though

Yeah, I’m afraid it’s not (at least to my knowledge - although, I would like to be proven wrong). The only way would be to create your own script that replicates this feature.