Auto-Dimension from Walls

Hi Mark,
Im trying to add an old bit of code (attempting to) add brick CO coordination to the bottom of the dim
:slight_smile: not having much luck at the moment any tips ill post my attempt later.

thanks

simon

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I need to automatically place these dimensions in multiple views. The horizontal dimension references are the walls that are cut and the openings and the horizontal references are the lower and upper floors and the openings. How to do this in dynamo.

Hi,

Sorry I don’t have time to do the complete solution, but this will give you a starter…

Here’s a bit of a start for you to think about… as suggested, the difficulty will be keeping your view list, wall list and reference lists all consistant.

Dim Wall Floor.dyn (32.2 KB)

Hopefully that’s useful.

Mark

1 Like

@Mark.Ackerley Big Thanks for this!!! so helpful, but I started to develop and managed to come up with results like on the images with some problems.

The dimensions are with duplicate references and therefore the value 0 appears.

In the horizontal dimension, it only takes the middle wall reference if this wall is cutting the elevation wall. and don’t move outside the wall line.

The vertical dimensions are positioned correctly but take the references of the two windows.

I also cannot apply these dimensions to more than one section view of different walls.

Can someone help me?

Dim Wall_Elevations.dyn (113.7 KB)

1 Like

Hello,
please may you upload once again the script?

Thank you

Hi @giacomo.sirignano1, here it’s.
Can you help me?

Dim Wall_Elevations.dyn (113.7 KB)

Thank you but I was looking for the other script.
@Mark.Ackerley please may you upload?
The one uploaded here is corrupted.

Thanks

What version of Dynamo are you using?
If you have not installed 2.0.+, then these scripts wont load into the older 1.3.+ version.

1 Like

Heya :slight_smile:

You’ll see I uploaded the dyn previously along with a screen grab, if it’s not working that’s a shame, but it’s not many nodes so won’t take too long to put together… :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Mark

Hi @Mark.Ackerley,

Thank you for the script. It is exactly how i want. I have run it and was successful.

But instead of separate strings can it be a single string of dimension?
Please help me with this.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

hello, I tested it here but it doesn’t work, I use revit 2020 but when I run the error routine at no pyton error-> Warning: Your inputs are outside the allowed modeling range. Consider choosing the Large setting with a modeling range between 0.01 and 1,000,000 in the “Settings => Geometry working range” dialog box, help !!!

Hi,

View Working Range is set in Settings > Geometry scaling… you might need to restart?

Cheers,

Mark

Hey, there is a check box input for multi? :slight_smile:

I made the changes that the warning asked for but it doesn’t work, actually after changing the dimension, the routine is executed and no error appears, but without result, the project remains the same and the dimensions are not inserted

Hi @Mark.Ackerley,

Thanks for the reply. But i didn’t get that.

Dimension in blue is what i got after running the script and they are created as three different strings. Dimension in black (selected in revit) is what i want exactly means i want it to be single string.

Can you please explain me in detail about how to make it a single string of dimension?
It would be very helpful.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

Here’s an updated graph…

Let me know what breaks!

Cheers,

Mark

Hello @Mark.Ackerley

Your code doesn’t work for me… I select the wall, the script run, but doesn’t show me the dim… Can you help me please?

Hey,

Could you post a simple test file? I do know that it doesn’t compensate for scope boxes!

Thanks,

Mark

Hello @brenofilipe
Check if your project unit is in millimeters

Hi there, your script looks amazing and really complex!

However, I just gave it a try and it does not seem to work. I set the wall element and its references to OUT, so that I can see the results, and it seems that the script does not return any references in the end:

Do you know what might be causing this. Could it be a version - related issue? I am with Revit 2021 and Dynamo 2.6

Thanks!