Add length at the middle of line

Hi everyone.

I am new in Dynamo. I know this is basic but I am hours trying to figure this out.
I want to put the length of that line as a label or text at the middle of that line and on top of it, but I can’t figure out a way to do it.

Thank you in advance

Untitled

As far as I’m aware there is no way to “tag” Dynamo elements within the 3D preview window. If you’re talking Revit you have a few options. You can either setup a tag that will show line length and use Dynamo to tag the line OR you place a text note at the center of your line. Both options are valid but you will need to convert your Dynamo geometry to Revit geometry first.

I’d suggest doing a little more research on the forums before moving forward.

@Nick_Boyts thanks for your reply. The idea is to have the line with the length as a text for that segment in Revit (that is the final outcome).

First you’ll have to convert your geometry. ModelCurve.ByCurve and DetailCurve.ByCurve will create a Revit curve from your Dynamo geometry. TextNote.ByLocation will let you create a text note at a specified point.

Try adding these nodes to your graph and see where that gets you.

@Rolando_Adrian_Ville I also reccomend you do the entirety of the dynamo primer. Will save you a lot of time and frustration. Don’t skip any exercises even if you think you won’t need them.

http://dynamoprimer.com/en/

@Nick_Boyts, @jacob.small, thank you for your advice.