3d color room

Hello everyone!
I HAVE SEEN THAT YOU CANNOT CREATE THE ROOM’S COLOR FROM THE COLOR SCHEME IN MY 3D VIEW WITH DYNAMO.
I’m LOOKING FOR AN ALTERNATIVE WAY, HOWEVER, I DON’T UNDERSTAND HOW SOLID MAKES ME APPEAR A DIFFERENT COLOR.

Not quite sure I follow. Are you wanting the Revit geometry to be red as well? It seems like it’s using the material color since it has a material applied. The red is only being added to the Dynamo geometry and has no connection to the geometry in Revit. You would have to make any graphic overrides to the Revit element after it’s been created.

yes I would like it to be red inside revit too. In reality its color is gray

Then you would need to use something like Element.OverrideColorInView or a similar custom node.

You can rotate a Plan View into a 3D View. It has some limited functionality but might help in your current endeavours.

Edit: This rotated plan view retains the room colour scheme.

I love the potential for ViewPlan.Rotate

I am also trying to create a coloured 3d room view using a floor plan by:
(Manual Process)

• Create the floor plan to be rotated
  • Create 2no sections: (can use existing sections or elevs if they face the correct direction)
  • Long section looking up
  • Cross Section looking right
  • rotate the plan 3no times
  • in plan view (with crop view highlighted): -22.5 degs
  • in long section (with plan crop region still highlighted): 22.5 degs
  • in cross section (with plan crop region still highlighted): -22.5 degs

The View.Plan rotate offers an alternate path

This produces a similar result, but the results of the View.Plan rotate are a bit unpredictable @john_pierson I know you said it was a bit hacky, but can you explain how the input angle impacts the rotation? sometimes we need to run this 5 times to get the right result sometimes 7.

1 Like

I need to investigate a bit more. Initially it felt pretty random, so I didn’t look into it a lot at the time. I probably need to do a conversion to make it correct.

Let me take a look.

Although, instead of rotating plans I’d be inclined to do a room to solid workflow with generic models or something if I had the same task.

Thank you for looking into this, we have done the room to solid workflow in the past, but with this workflow we are not introducing anything we need to hide off into the model which would be useful.

1 Like

im guessing a bit here but i think you are not actully rotating the model but the camera perspective. what i mean is the location point is still in place but the cameraview is rotated.

when rotating the the viewplan in floor plan think of it as tilting the camera
when rotating the section think about i as moving the camera in a fixed axis around your focus.
if that is the case the order matters if you rotate the section (fixed axis around the focus) then tilt the camera (rotate the camera) and then rotate from the other section (rotate around fixed axis around your focus which is now tilted) you will get diffrent results depending on which order you rotate the views.

as i said im guessing here but would make sense with the variating results you where mentioning