Coloring Walls in Floor Plan Views

Hello!

I’ve been trying to color walls in Revit, in a floor plan view, according to the value of a custom parameter. Coloring them from red to green color range, green = highest parameter values; red = lowest.

It is partially working as intended, I can see the colors inside the wall elements when there is a window that cuts their geometry (which means it has color in the inside). However, the patterns in the Floor Plan view are still not colored accordingly.

I’ve attached images to better explain my situation. Is there another way to override the colors? Maybe using filters?

Thanks in advance!

Element.OverrideColorInView is an old node that overrides the projection fill color using a solid fill pattern. You’ll want to use these two new nodes instead: View.OverrideGraphicsSetting and Element.OverrideInView.

5 Likes

Thank you! I will work on it and post back here as I change to these nodes.

I am trying this workflow with doors and I cant seem to get it to work.

You are remapping the wrong min/max it seems.

@juliano_lima_silva Have you gotten this to work? can you upload your latest code? Thanks!

I did this manually (no Dynamo), but adding a bunch of filters. A huge pain.

Would be nice if at least Dynamo could detect the existing wall types and create the filters accordingly.

Next step will be to color code the STC and Fire Resistance Ratings (FRR) in a graphically logical manner. (deeper colors as the value goes up)

1 Like

Sorry for replying so late, I abandoned the workflow for a few weeks to work on other things but I am returning to tune it.

What I used is the archilab nodes, which seem to contain a lot of useful functionalities for filtering views. However some nodes may be from older versions of the package.

Btw, this topic and others from the creator also helped a lot:

What is happening in the picture is : walls with custom parameter 30 or less get a red filter, walls with parameter 30-40 get yellow, and above 40 get green and a thicker line

This wonderful free plugin will do the same thing while saving you a bunch of time and frustration:
https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Detail/Index?id=5056644120649615847&appLang=en&os=Win64

It is also incredibly useful for other types of audits (doors, windows, etc)

Just make sure you give your walls a fill pattern and the plugin will populate with a color.

Instead of making hundreds of filters, it will do a graphic override in the view.