2.0 and Player

Haven’t installed 2.0 yet, since I’m still waiting for my Revit 2019 license to get authorized, but I’m curious what happens with Dynamo Player if I have 1.3 and 2.0 installed.
I’ve seen the drop-down on “regular” Dynamo with multiple versions, but do you get the same options with Player?

Hey Dave,

Not sure if this is relevant, but it could be an indication.

“Dynamo 2.0 can be installed side-by-side with an existing 1.x version allowing you to have control over which major version your project uses. In Dynamo for Revit, you will be prompted to choose which version you wish to run on first launch of Dynamo. This setting is cached per-session of Revit. A restart of Revit will enable you to change to a different version of Dynamo.”

http://dynamobim.org/to-dynamo-2-0-and-beyond/

1 Like

Yup, read that. But it doesn’t say anything specifically about Player, which is what I was wondering about.

Have a look at the release note. Player will use the last dynamo version you used

1 Like

If your workstation contains multiple major versions of Dynamo, e.g, Dynamo 1.x and Dynamo 2.x, Dynamo Player will start with whichever version you select for Dynamo for that session

2 Likes