Workaround for SolarAnalysis 11 hours limit

In a previous post, linked here, I presented my problem. What I’m basically doing is running a solar analysis on an hourly basis over one year.

After looking further into the issue, I found out that SolarAnalysis.Analyze has a limit of 11 hours.

If I choose a date with more than 11 hours of sunlight, the output stops at the end of the eleventh hour.

Now, of course, I can do this manually but this is going to take some time as I have to change the sun settings in Revit, run the process and wait for it to finish and repeat. And for days with more than 11 hours of sunlight, I will have to split the output in 2.

Any idea how to overcome this limitation?

Thanks.

P.S.

Since the previous post, I altered my graph so I’m attaching the modified graph. The “filename” node on the right is a custom node I created to automatically create the output filename by using the study date.

I recommend taking another look at ladybug:

The default setting used to generate the settings for the solar analysis tool every hour for the entire year.

Thanks for the link @jacob.small.

I looked into Ladybug/Honeybee and although the packages offer much more than the solar analysis package, I’m rather time constrained at the moment and the learning curve is a bit steeper than dynamo, which I’m still a beginner at. I was rather looking for a quick fix but since that looks like it won’t be the case, I will have to resort to some click-and-wait.