What's in store for Dynamo for Revit 2024

Have there been any discussions about the new features that will be included in Dynamo for Revit 2024, or which version of Dynamo it will support?

I can see the public roadmap for Dynamo here.

One exciting improvement to look forward to could be the new search function.

Additionally, the latest version of the Dynamo sandbox 2.17 was released back in Jan 2023.

1 Like

For possible things that will be included i would add that it might be best to reference the revit roadmap as this has a tab related to dynamo as well.

What is added from Dynamo core will depend on which version of dynamo the Revit development team decided to integrate into revit. Though you could get a rough idea from seeing the Dynamo for revit github page for which dynamo will be included in the next version(GitHub - DynamoDS/DynamoRevit: Dynamo Libraries for Revit).

I personnally think we will start to see formal information for what is actually included in the next 2 to 10 weeks following on from rough timing of the last 4 revit versions release dates.

3 Likes

Hi @theshysnail - The Dynamo release coming with Revit 2024 will be Dynamo 2.17, so you can refer to our blog post for all the Core content coming in that release :slight_smile: There will be some things specifically for DynamoRevit beyond that.

Search is yet to be worked upon (Note its part of the “Under Consideration” section of the Roadmap), but is scheduled to start in a Month or so, and we are targeting either 2.18 (If smaller in nature) or 2.19 (If larger in scope) for that effort. Expect to see that manifest later in the year!

We are also currently working on some additional nodes for DynamoRevit specifically (For Revit 2024.1 release) targeting:

• LinkedInstances / LinkElements
  • Element.Geometry that allows you to pull Coarse, Medium or Fine detail level
  • Resolving scaling for ImportInstance.ByGeometry nodes
  • Adding in a few missing Wrapper classes to Revit Categories
3 Likes