Weather.FromFile node not working

I am trying to use the Solar Analysis Weather.FromFile node in dynamo but I am getting the following error. “Warning: Weather.FromFile operation failed. The specified weather file does not contain any data.”

In theory this node should take a the file path to a .wea weather file and then allow it to be used in the solaranalysis.Analyze tool. I am able to use the Weather.byLocation node to get the weather data but I would prefer to use my own .wea file. The reasons for this is that the base weather files included in revit have a location based cloud cover fraction included and I would like to run the analysis to get solar radiation values in a situation with no cloud cover.

I obtained the .wea file from Climate.onebuilding. org (https://climate.onebuilding.org/default.html)

I am using dynamo core 2.10.1.3976 with dynamo revit 2.10.1.4002.

Ultimately, I would like to be able to run solar analysis using my own .wea files. Any support would be appreciated!

Hi John,

Thanks for your feed back. I already have my (relatively extensive) analysis built in dynamo so I want to stick with that. Currently I am getting the weather data by using the Weather.byLocation node. But I would like to use my own weather file instead. Am I correct in understanding that If I use rhino in revit there is a way to create a weather input from an .epw or .wea file that I can use as an input into a dynamo solar analysis node?

Thank you.

Apologies as I misread your original post (you originally labeled this post as ladybug and honeybee for some reason?).

For the .wea file error, that is a bit odd. I get the same error while using this node.