Watch nodes not working with complex dictionaries in 2.16

Hey folks,

After updating to Revit 2023.1, some of our users reported our Connector for Dynamo not wokring anymore. I’ve been investingating a bit this morning and it turns out that it still works but some watch nodes are not displaying any data, even if there is.

They seem to break when passing in complex data structures like nested dictionaries.
See the screenshot below (Dynamo 2.17 on the left and 2.11 on the right).

I’ve been debugging quite a bit and could not spot any unusual data that could break things.

Is this a bug? Or has anything changed in how dictionaries should be handled?

On a separate note, I wanted to point out that hyperlinks inside code blocks are a bit unreadable and the higligting also breaks quite easily :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any ideas @solamour @Michael_Kirschner2 :slight_smile: ?

Hi @teocomi - long time no see! Sorry I missed this post, so thanks for the tag in. The Dictionaries bug is new to me, so @Michael_Kirschner2 or @Aaron_Tang may have more thoughts.

Regarding the hyperlink color, this is being addressed for Dynamo 2.18 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! And, yes, sorry if I only show up to report issues hehe :sweat_smile:
We have many people relying on the Dynamo connector and we want to make sure it keeps working in future releases of Dynamo :+1:

1 Like

@teocomi is it possible for you to share either this graph or an even simpler graph that reproduces the issue without the connector nodes - much easier to get to the bottom of it if the graph is as minimal as possible - with minimal deps.

Thanks @Michael_Kirschner2 !

See attached file, you can just load it via the Data.ParseJSON component to repro:
sample-data.txt (1.3 MB)

1 Like

filed https://jira.autodesk.com/browse/DYN-5710 internally to track.

1 Like

This is being fixed in the 2.18 release version.

2 Likes